Kids Ministry Worship Team Lead, New Life Downtown
Company: NEW LIFE CHURCH
Location: colorado springs
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Downtown Colorado Springs - Colorado Springs, CO
Teaching - Instruction
To co-labor with parents and the Children's Ministry Team to
provide a fun, safe, and edifying environment at New Life Downtown
Hourly, 10 hours per week
Office closure pay benefit offered
Qualifications and Requirements
Essential Sunday Morning Responsibilities:
- Report directly to Children's Ministry Director of New Life
- Maintains order in a loving/caring environment
- Provides care for NLD Kids families and volunteers
- Communicates any specific care needs to Children's Ministry
- Leads children 4/K-5th grade in worship through music, motions
- Create an appealing and engaging worship environment that
correlates with the atmosphere of the main service
- Incorporates Doxology, Nicene creed, Lords Prayer in
- Assist in the set-up and teardown of worship room
- Be on time
- Collaborates with Children's Director when choosing songs
- Trains new volunteers to serve on worship team
- Develops the worship experience by creating worship sets
- Prepares and organizes all needed supplies for the worship
- Oversees and schedules worship volunteer team
- Attend all required team meetings
- Demonstrate ongoing financial support of the ministry and
mission of New Life Church
- Participate in regular kids staff meetings and additional
meetings when requested.
- Work in close association with the entire staff to build and
maintain a strong team environment and complete the work necessary
to fully serve and support the ministries of New Life Church.
- Cooperate with the pastors and directors to perform any other
duties when asked to do so.
High School Diploma or GED required
1-2 years of related experience
Be an active, participating member of New Life Downtown;
maintaining a lifestyle of prayer and personalgrowth inChrist
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possess understanding of stages of childhood development with
insight into everyday parental challenges.
- Be adept at developing life-giving rapport with paid staff,
team members and guests.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team
in a flexible and cooperative manner.
- Be highly motivated and self-starting "people person" offering
confident leadership to the team.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively and tactfully at
- Possess a personable and helpful attitude.
- Demonstrate ability to work well under pressure and time
constraints, utilizing multi-tasking skills and assessment of the
priority of the moment in an environment of changing priorities and
- Demonstrate a heart with spiritual maturity and
- Possess ability to be detail-oriented and complete assignments
with little guidance.
- Possess ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive
- Demonstrate ability to read and carry out written and oral
Physical Requirements for Kids Worship Team Lead
Frequency of Required Exposure/Use
Cold (50o F or less)
Heat (90o F or more)
Work with Others
Crawling or Kneeling
Moving Heavy Items:
5# to 10#
5# to 10#
Reaching Over Shoulder
5# to 10#
Visual Acuity: Near
Visual Acuity: Far
This description is not intended to be an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated
with this job. It is intended to be a reflection of the principal
job elements essential for making compensation and employment
I have read and understand the requirements above and I am able to
perform the essential responsibilities for this position.
Keywords: NEW LIFE CHURCH, Colorado Springs , Kids Ministry Worship Team Lead, New Life Downtown, Other , colorado springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!