Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: May 3, 2021
SAIC is currently looking for a Systems Engineer to provide
support to the Range Network Systems Engineering & Integration (RN
SE&I) contract supporting the US Space Force Space and Missile
Systems Center (SMC). The program acquires services to modernize
and sustain the Launch and Test Range System (LTRS), the Air Force
Satellite Control Network (AFSCN) and the Space Training
Acquisition Office (STAO). SAIC is seeking a System Engineer with
experience in Defense Acquisition Processes for the RN SE&I
contract to support Government Project Managers on LTRS. Duties
- PM acquisition support for LTRS projects
- Develop Tech Eval package for Proposals
- Development of Statement of Objectives and/or Statement of Work
for projects on LTRS
- Participate or lead technical meetings and government-led
studies, assess technical baselines and ensure system modifications
- Perform engineering analyses to predict and define problems,
define/design actionable corrective measures, and operational
implementation of Launch Range and Network systems.
- Review and assess contractor designs, conduct trade studies on
alternative system design approaches.
- Coordinate and complete Readiness Assessment for each milestone
(PRR, PDR, CDR IRR and TRR)
- Assist the Government PM on developing Entrance Criteria,
Acceptance Criteria and Exit Criteria for design reviews
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent and minimum 5 years of relevant
- Knowledge and background in DoD Acquisition Processes.
- Experience with MS Project or relevant planning software.
- Technical skills to understand and analyze system problems,
define potential solutions, and conduct in-depth technical
analysis, assessments and trades and explain results of technical
studies in a systems engineering context.
- Demonstrates understanding of performance and requirements
analysis techniques, and acceptance testing
- Possess basic theory and concept of operation of range
instrumentation and network architectures.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and possess and maintain a minimum of a
Secret security clearance
- Project cost estimating experience
- Risk management experience
- DoD planning and programming or relevant experience
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed
represents the typical salary range for this position based on
experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's
modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across
defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end
solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate
the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem
to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500
strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by
opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual
revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or
Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity
Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion,
sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin,
disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse,
inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
Keywords: SAIC, Colorado Springs , Systems Engineer, Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!