Middle School Math Teacher (SY2021-2022)
Company: Atlas Preparatory School
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Who We Are
Atlas prepares and empowers all
students for success on their post-graduate paths through
educational excellence, character development, and community
students are outpacing national average growth across all grade
student proficiency has surpassed the district and state
provides family-centered support services that consistently lead to
over 90% participation in our parent advisor conferences
teachers engage in ongoing professional development targeted
towards instructional best practices and academic data
Who We Serve
- Tuition free and open enrollment public schools serving
1,100 students in K-2nd and 5th-12th grades
- 92% Socioeconomically Disadvantaged
- 78% Hispanic, 12% African American, 9% White, and 1% Asian
- 56% English Language Learners
Atlas Preparatory School seeks a middle school math
teacher. Atlas Preparatory Schools environment welcomes
teachers who are relentless in their aim to see student growth
and who want to hone their skills as effective teachers in the
classroom. Below are some of the tasks required of
- Embody the characteristics that the school wishes the students
to uphold, especially respect, excellence, authenticity,
curiosity, hard work, and professionalism.
- Teach at least four classes each day, an
independent reading class, and a daily homeroom.
- Lead at least one quarter of an after school
- Lead one to two days of tutoring after school.
- Instruct or coach during REACH Beyond (June enrichment program
- Serve as adviser for a group of students and their families,
including regular communication, problem solving, and
hosting quarterly family conferences.
- Assist in student arrival and departure, transitions between
class periods, and lunch periods.
- Document all syllabi, lesson plans, assignments, and other
- Analyze MAP data in order to achieve student projected growth
targets in Mathematics.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Head of School to
develop and implement strategies for all students to reach
- Reinforce school-wide rules and expectations in the
- Communicate effectively and maintain strong relationships with
students, families and colleagues.
- Assist in the design and implementation of research-based
- Maintain the school culture of high academic and behavioral
expectations through continuous reflection.
- Use detailed data analysis of student performance to inform
- Complete other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director,
Head of School or Team Leader.
Qualifications and Experience
- Successful manager of an urban classroom who has used
structure, incentives, and high expectations to drive student
- Experienced classroom teacher with demonstrated, quantifiable
and objective student performance gains that surpass state or
- Three years of urban teaching preferred.
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with
experience. Signing bonuses range from $2,500-$5,000.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits. Plan options
include PPO or High Deductible Plan with a Health Savings Account
- Participation in the Colorado PERA retirement program,
including a PERA 401k contribution option.
- Approximately 10 weeks of paid time off for holidays, scheduled
breaks during the year and summer break, in additional to personal
- Flexible Spending Account (Medical or Child Care)
- Regular staff get togethers and celebrations.
- Early student release every Friday with staff professional
- Four designated industrial copy machines per school with
unlimited copying for classroom instruction.
Additional benefits available to all team members include:
- SimplyEngaged Plus - monthly gym membership reimbursement
- Health Discount Program - savings on Lasik, prescriptions,
teeth whitening, etc
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) - up to 12 weeks of unpaid
- Short Term Disability Benefit (Partial Paid Maternity
- Short Term Disability Benefit (Partial Paid Leave due to
- Long Term Disability Benefit
- Life Insurance Benefit of $25,000
- Additional option to purchase Life Insurance Benefits for
employees and family members
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) which provides up to four
free counseling sessions annually
- Final Will and Testament Preparation, Legal Guidance, Identify
Theft and Vacation Planning Services (Lincoln Financial)
An exceptional candidate will assume a full time role no later
than July 6, 2021. The position will remain open until
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Atlas Preparatory School, Colorado Springs , Middle School Math Teacher (SY2021-2022), Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!