Position Purpose & Summary
Reporting to Director of Housekeeping, The Laundry Attendant is
responsible for ensuring that the property has the proper levels of
linens, towels, robes, and other linen supplies by conducting
sorting, washing, drying, ironing, and folding of all linen
- Sorts all linen into appropriate bins
- Follows procedures to wash, dry, and iron all hotel linen and
- Uses appropriate chemicals according to safety protocols.
- Separates rewash and damaged linen and communicates with
- Ensures proper levels of towels at all pool facilities.
- Monitor laundry chemical usage and inform Executive Housekeeper
of chemical levels.
- Monitor operating equipment and inform engineering or the
Executive Housekeeper of a malfunction.
- Stock sufficient linen supplies in the appropriate laundry
- Maintains and upkeep cleanliness of laundry room areas.
- Sanitizes public areas including the Pool, Gym, Kissing Camels,
Spa, and Wellness center and restocks supplies as needed.
- Performs other housekeeping duties as needed.
- Offers all assistance possible to guests.
- May perform other housekeeping duties as required.
- Deliver "I Am Proud" service standards and department-specific
signature touch points.
- Establish cross-departmental channels of communication among
teammates that are consistent and complete.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet every guest, member, and team member with "I Am Proud"
standards and set a positive tone for every interaction.
- Provide extraordinary service that is "Enriching by
- Embrace, embody, demonstrate, and encourage wellness and the
STRATA virtues through interactions, performance, and
- Uphold the Garden of the Gods Resort and Club's brand, culture,
vision, mission, and values.
- Be empowered to make things go right if they go wrong.
- Give the guest/member a fond farewell.
- Address feedback by utilizing the LEARN Model.
- Demonstrate a professional appearance and be attentive to what
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Observe and adhere to safety guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Interface positively with other departments, offering
assistance when needed.
- Displays care in use of equipment and maintains an organized
and professional work environment.
Formal Education and Job-Related Experience:
- Previous cleaning experience beneficial
License, Registration, and/or Certification Required: Valid
External and Internal Personal Contact:
- Daily Communicate with guests, supervisor, housemen, laundry
and front desk
- Occasionally Participate in one-on-one coaching sessions.
Teamwork and Collaboration: This position requires continuous
teamwork as well as internal and cross-departmental
Additional Licenses and/or Certifications Required:
Valid Driver's License
Food Protection Manager Certification
Food Handler Certification
Alcohol Server/Seller Certification
Pushing / Pulling
Lifting / Carrying:
10 lbs. or less
11 to 25 lbs.
26 to 50 lbs.
51 to 70 lbs.
Fine Motor Skills
Gross Motor Skills
Eye / Hand Coordination
Environmental factors may include indoor and outdoor settings
with overhead lighting and outdoor lighting. Significant portions
(more than 80%) of daily assignments involve standing, bending,
walking, reaching, pushing, pulling and application of manual
skills requiring motor coordination in combination with finger
dexterity, e.g., cleaning with brushes, rags, vacuum, mop and other
machine operations. May occasionally be called upon to work in all
areas of the property, both inside and outside, possibly in
Working Closely with Others
Excessive Cold / Heat
Excessive Humidity / Dampness
Noise / Vibrations
Working Above Ground
Working Below Ground
Working with Chemicals / Detergents / Cleaners
Working Around Fumes / Smoke / Gas
Walking on Uneven Surfaces
Operating Motorized Equipment or Vehicles
Working Around/Near Machinery/Motorized Equipment
Climbing on Scaffolds or Ladders
Continuous use with a Computer and Keyboard