Assistant Front Office Manager
Company: Garden of the Gods Club
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Position Purpose & Summary
The Assistant Front Office Manager is responsible for the daily
quality and accuracy of the work produced by the Front Office
Staff. The highest standards of operation relating to guest
satisfaction are to be maintained through the Assistant Front
Office Manager in the overall operations of the Front Office.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Oversee daily operations of
the valet, concierge, reservations and front desk teams to ensure
guest satisfaction, resolve guest issues, and ensure that the front
office team is supported at all times.
- Assist the Director of Front Office in running the day to day
operations of the Front Office.
- Control all guestroom allocations, ensuring that reservations
are accurately recorded and monitored to ensure optimum occupancy
and revenue is achieved.
- Responsible for assisting the Director of Front Office in
hiring and scheduling personnel within the Front Office.
- Train and develop the Front Desk Staff to exceed expectations
and provide flawless, consistent service.
- Encourage good guest relations. Be available at peak business
times including weekends and holidays.
- Maintain an efficient system of communication between the Front
Office and other departments, regarding guests' arrivals,
departures, room moves, etc.
- Act as group contact and handle the following: room blocking,
arrivals (paying special attention to billing), departures and
attending pre-con meetings.
- Control and monitor blocks and additional blocking as needed,
i.e. special requests, suites, etc.
- Implement and support programs to enhance product and service
at a four-diamond level with a five-star attitude.
- Cooperate with the Sales Department to ensure that the client
room requirements are met and that the potential clients are shown
representative rooms as required.
- Maintain an atmosphere within the property that encourages an
exchange of information and builds rapport between all
- Maintain safety and security standards and ensure all guest
services staff are properly trained to handle emergency
- Remain alert, courteous and helpful to the guests at all
- Ability to work well with guests to resolve conflicts in a
- Maintains current knowledge of events in the area, points of
interest, and services in the area.
- Conduct pre-shift meetings for all Front Office staff
- Plan and coordinate project work to ensure that proper
frequencies are maintained.
- Assist with scheduling and logging projects to ensure proper
rotation and accountability of completion.
- Respond to all guest requests, problems, complaints and/or
accidents and follow up to ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Motivate, coach, counsel all Front Office team members.
- Lead and mentor employees. Conduct one-on-one meetings with
associates on at least a quarterly basis.
- Ensure that large guestroom turns are managed efficiently.
- Prepare and conduct all Housekeeping interviews and follow
- Develop team member morale and ensure training of Housekeeping
- Promote positive public/team member relations at all
- Review Front Office staff's worked hours for payroll
compilation and submit to Accounting on a timely basis.
- Maintain a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within
area of responsibility.
- Maintain a current understanding of all policy and guidelines
regarding information security including key controls. Understand
and comply with all information security policies and procedures at
- Assist with preparing detailed financial reports for department
and for Casita owners and ensure adherence to established
- Assist in preparing and investigating/resolving discrepancies
in operating budgets.
- Responds to change well and adapts as needed.
- Learns quickly and maintains a growth mindset and is always
working to develop new practices to improve service
- Provide exceptional customer service to all patrons and
communicate in a pleasant, friendly and professional manner at all
times. Maintain a professional work environment with supervisors,
managers and team members and promote open lines of communication
with managers, team members and other departments.
- Must complete all required training programs within six (6)
months from commencement of employment.
- Position hours will fluctuate based on business demand and 24
- Meet the attendance guidelines of the job and adhere to
regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Deliver "I Am Proud" service standards and department-specific
signature touch points.
- Establish cross-departmental channels of communication among
teammates that are consistent and complete.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet every guest, member, and team member with "I Am Proud"
standards and set a positive tone for every interaction.
- Provide extraordinary service that is "Enriching by
- Embrace, embody, demonstrate, and encourage wellness and the
STRATA virtues through interactions, performance, and
- Uphold the Garden of the Gods Resort and Club's brand, culture,
vision, mission, and values.
- Be empowered to make things go right if they go wrong.
- Give the guest/member a fond farewell.
- Address feedback by utilizing the LEARN Model.
- Demonstrate a professional appearance and be attentive to what
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Observe and adhere to safety guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Interface positively with other departments, offering
assistance when needed.
- Displays care in use of equipment and maintains an organized
and professional work environment.
Minimum Knowledge & Skills:
- Requires excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and
Excel, professional use of email and general computer usage.
- Requires ability to analyze interpret / extract information and
/ or perform arithmetic functions. Require typing CRT, record
keeping and work processing,
- Will have need for excellent communication skills in
- Knowledge of OPERA Property Management System preferred
Formal Education and Job-Related Experience:
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in rooms control and
front office operations for a 150+ hotel
- These skills and abilities are typically acquired through a
minimum of 2 years successful supervisor experience in hotel front
office with a 150+ room property
- A Bachelor's Degree in Hotel, Business or Institutional
Management or related area is preferred.
License, Registration, and/or Certification Required: Valid
Drivers' License required
External and Internal Personal Contact:
- Daily Communicate with guests and members, housekeeping team
members, laundry team members, front desk team members, valet,
concierge, reservations, dining and engineering
- Weekly Communicate with other departments such as Housekeeping,
Engineering Membership, Spa, Tennis, Golf, Finance.
- Occasionally Participate in one-on-one coaching sessions.
Teamwork and Collaboration: This position requires continuous
teamwork as well as internal and cross-departmental
Additional Licenses and/or Certifications Required:
Valid Driver's License
Food Protection Manager Certification
Food Handler Certification
Alcohol Server/Seller Certification
Pushing / Pulling
Lifting / Carrying:
10 lbs. or less
11 to 25 lbs.
26 to 50 lbs.
51 to 70 lbs.
Fine Motor Skills
Gross Motor Skills
Eye / Hand Coordination
Environmental factors may include indoor setting with overhead
lighting and comfortable ventilation. May occasionally be called
upon to work in all areas of the property, both inside and outside,
possibly in inclement weather.
Working Closely with Others
Excessive Cold / Heat
Excessive Humidity / Dampness
Noise / Vibrations
Working Above Ground
Working Below Ground
Working with Chemicals / Detergents / Cleaners
Working Around Fumes / Smoke / Gas
Walking on Uneven Surfaces
Operating Motorized Equipment or Vehicles
Working Around/Near Machinery/Motorized Equipment
Climbing on Scaffolds or Ladders
Continuous use with a Computer and Keyboard
Keywords: Garden of the Gods Club, Colorado Springs , Assistant Front Office Manager, Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!