Company: DeWolff Boberg & Associates
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The primary responsibility of this position is to operate and
troubleshoot the robot including bagging and/or stacking ice on
pallets as required and operate the forklift and any other relevant
machines as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set up and operate industrial robot used in the manufacturing
process, according to specifications and pre-programmed machine
control instructions. Reads work orders and specifications to
determine prescribed setup and operation.
- Enter commands to start robot, observes robotic operation, and
monitors screen of machine controller for malfunctions and error
- Conduct scheduled preventive maintenance on robot, including
minor repairs, changing robot settings, suction cups and
- Learn to start and stop the line when needed.
- Monitor production quality, including regular bag weight
checks; make modifications to the production line if weights do not
- Complete daily DVM boards.
- Perform bagging and tying of bags off conveyor equipment.
- Stack a variety of products, ranging from 5lb to 40lb bags onto
standard pallets, in a neat fashion, to create square and shippable
- Help monitor product quality including; bags not properly tied,
foreign objects, discolored ice and any deviation from
- Keep the area safe and report potential hazards to
- Implement and follow lock out/tag out process and procedures as
- Clean immediate work area and entire facility according to the
Master Cleaning Schedule.
- Make and assume other duties and responsibilities required or
assigned by management.
- Adhering to the Code of Business Ethics is essential. We value
honesty and integrity above all else and we expect our employees to
be committed to the highest ethical standards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND SKILLS
- Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as
safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe
- Ability to work in an unfatigued state
- Ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
- Ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one's short
- Ability to concentrate and perform tasks involving high levels
of cognitive function and judgment
- Ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or
emergency situations and/or alarms
- Demonstrate a caring, committed and concerned attitude about
- Possess fast reflexes and unimpaired coordination and ability
to rapidly respond to stimuli
- Not mentally or physically impaired from any cause that can
adversely affect ability to safely and competently perform required
- Ability to take prompt and appropriate response to operating
Some decision making ability. Occasionally shut down the line
when defects are noted or safety violations observed. Must work in
a safe and responsible manner to protect personnel and
- Must have High School diploma or GED with the ability to count
numbers, use of basic math and complete simple paperwork.
- Must be mechanically inclined and possess basic computer
skills. Experience running machinery on production line
- Prior robotic technical experience preferred.
- Must be able to lift and stack up to 45lbs throughout 12-hour
- Must be able to work in a manufacturing setting with exposure
to temperatures from 45 to -60 degrees.
- Must be able to read a computer screen, enter commands, and use
tools to perform light maintenance work.
- Work is conducted in a fast-paced, rapidly changing
environment. The ability to manage stress, build professional and
collaborative relationships, and reason through complex business
situations is essential.
- This position requires occasional overtime.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of DeWolff, Boberg and
Associates and the clients we represent is to provide a fair and
equal employment opportunity for all job applicants regardless of
race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, or disability. Our clients hire and promote
individuals solely based on their qualifications for the position
to be filled.
DeWolff, Boberg & Associates and our clients believe that all
employees should be provided with a working environment which
enables each team member to be productive and to work to the best
of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere
of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion,
national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status,
or disability. We expect and require the cooperation of all
employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free
Keywords: DeWolff Boberg & Associates, Colorado Springs , Machine Operator, Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!