Medical Laboratory Technician Instructor - Substitute
Company: Pima Medical Institute
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Instruct and implement the Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT)
program to educate students in accordance with the curriculum
standards and objectives.
- Implement and evaluate daily lesson plans for students to
include scheduled activities and materials of semesters.
- Plan instruction to achieve specific objectives based upon
student need and established curriculum.
- Monitor the attendance of students in the program and
coordinate with Associate Director when absences occur two days in
a row. Prepare attendance reports weekly for the office management
- Review student success rates and implement plan to reduce
student withdrawals. Meet with students to encourage them to stay
in the program. Maintain an 80% student success rate for all
classes taught in the program.
- Maintain student grades in accordance with established
policies. Prepare final grades at the end of each semester to
update student records and transcripts.
- Evaluate the performance of students regarding achievements in
curriculum and activities and make necessary provisions to meet
- Arrange and coordinate guest speakers, community field trips,
and visits to MLT clinics.
- Prepare lectures and practical demonstrations for students in
class and individually.
- Assist and advise students with Medical Laboratory Technician
- May assist with the inventory and ordering of supplies and
- Monitor students in laboratory. Assist students with lab
procedures and ensure safety precautions are adhered to.
- Assists Clinical Director in monitoring student's clinical
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be
- Associate degree from a regional or national accredited
institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
- Three (3) years of practical experience as a Medical Laboratory
Technician or Technologist.
- One (1) year of instructor experience in a related field
- Must demonstrate knowledge and proficiency in content
- Must hold credential from a nationally recognized and
accredited agency as a medical laboratory technician or
- If applicable in addition to the above criteria, must have a
current license, certification or other designation as required by
local, state or federal laws to work in the field.
- Verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and computer
Compensation & Benefits
- $25.80 to $36.15 per hour
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health & Wellness Program
Keywords: Pima Medical Institute, Colorado Springs , Medical Laboratory Technician Instructor - Substitute, Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!