Our goal is to be the best retailer in USA in the eyes of our
customers, associates, and business partners.
We would love to have you join the Scheels team!
Sales - Fishing and Camping Specialist - Part Time - Colorado
SCHEELS is seeking individuals motivated to join a team of
associates that are passionate about fishing and camping! SCHEELS
Expert Associates have the opportunity to work with the top brands
including Shimano, Minnkota, G-Loomis, Berkley, Simms, Sage Fly
Fishing, and so much more, all while selling these products and
giving SCHEELS customers the best experience in America! SCHEELS
associates enjoy great benefits, including the best associate
discount in the industry, provided uniforms, and the opportunity to
become an employee-owner of SCHEELS! Through our extensive business
and product training you will leverage your passions into a
successful career. Imagine working in a store that creates an
environment of the best customer experience through associates that
are experts in what they do! Total compensation for this position
can be $15-$18+/hour, depending on performance (with commissions
and incentives included). Average hours worked per week is 20
With over 115 years in business, SCHEELS is a leader in the
sporting goods industry, driven to create the best experience in
the USA for our customers. SCHEELS boasts the largest selection of
sports brands in America-offering world-class brands, special
attractions, and unmatched customer service.
SCHEELS Sales Associates enjoy going to work. SCHEELS experts
are empowered to make decisions that give the best customer
experience in the USA. SCHEELS is an employee-owned, privately held
business whose empowered associates and leaders drive the success
of their store and the entire company.
SCHEELS empowers our associates to become experts in their shops
to go above and beyond to meet the customer's needs and
expectations. SCHEELS associates talk-the-talk, and walk-the-walk,
with the best product and expert training in the sporting goods
industry. Mentorship and professional development training are a
focus throughout your entire career.
We offer an exceptional array of employee benefits and we are
proud of a workforce that takes advantages of the health and
wellness benefits we offer.
What it takes to be a Scheels Expert:
- Genuinely and consistently treat co-workers, customers and
business partners like they are the most important person including
eye contact, a smile and a genuine "Thank you"
- Approach daily tasks, projects and follow-up communication with
energy and sense of urgency
- Cultivate a deep desire to become a knowledge expert in their
role with the ability to apply their knowledge and experience with
- Show respect and appreciation for others and Scheels
- Arrive to work and meetings 10 minutes early
- Genuine interest and action in helping others before yourself,
regardless of recognition or reward
- Consistent eagerness to listen, learn, apply knowledge and
accept critical feedback
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment
- Ability to apply concepts of basic math, grammar, punctuation
- Meets Scheels dress and grooming expectations in support of
professional, clean and welcoming environment for customers,
co-workers and business partners
- Demonstrate pride and ownership of their work while meeting
- Greet all customers on the sales floor with courtesy and a
- Grow personal sales by hitting minimum goals and following
Scheels professional salesmanship standards to provide an above and
beyond customer experience
- Promote the Scheels Visa Rewards card and be able to clearly
explain all benefits
- Engage in conversation with customers and assist them in making
- Demonstrate a passion for products in our store
- Attend all Scheels product training and all store meetings
- Maintain a professional appearance on the sales floor
- Assist in all other assigned duties
- Ability to perform basic math; compute rate, ratio and percent;
draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively
present information in a one-on-one and small group situation to
customers and other employees
- Demonstrates strong communication, organization, attention to
detail and problem solving skills
- Strong oral/written communication and reading skills to
communicate effectively and in a timely manner with all levels of
- Must be willing to help with freight/stocking when needed
- Ability to demonstrate product usage within their shop and
retrieve product from heights of greater than 6 ft
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and or 1-3
months of sales experience
Must be able to sit, stand, bend at the waist, climb, stoop,
kneel, crouch, reach, walk, push/pull, lift, talk, and hear with or
without reasonable accommodation.
Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds
of force constantly to move objects
Scheels cares about the health and safety of our Associates.
Associates are expected to follow all safety procedures and perform
their job duties in a fashion that minimizes the risk of injury
Must be flexible to work assigned schedule between 9a.m. and
9p.m., Monday through Saturday, 11 a.m. and 6 p.m., Sunday.
Schedule may include varied hours, evenings, weekends, and
holidays, must be available minimum of three weekends a month.
Average hours per week is 20 hours.
Scheels offers a complete benefits package to include:
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Associate Discount
- Employee Assistance Program
Equal Employment Opportunity
Scheels is an equal employment opportunity employer providing
equal employment opportunities to individuals regardless of age,
color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental
disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital
status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In addition, Scheels will provide reasonable accommodations for
qualified individuals when appropriate.