Sr Field Engineer II - SOCNORTH
Company: Raytheon Technologies Corp
Location: colorado springs
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Job ID 173986BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/08/2021 City Colorado
Springs State CO Country United States
Raytheon is seeking an employee to work SOCNORTH as Field
Service Representatives in support of a DoD contract providing
technical equipment advisory and support for DoD Special Operations
Forces elements. Individuals will support division or
battalion-level Military units.
The Device Manager (DM) will serve as the Green Force Tracking
(GFT) technical subject matter expert Special Operations Command
Pacific (SOCNORTH) and will be responsible for implementing and
synchronizing GFT operational systems for the command.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide strategic, operational and tactical lessons-learned
with respect to the acquisition, installation and employment of
Green Force Tracking (GFT) programs, systems and devices.
- Assist to deconflict activities and solutions developed and
proposed by the command with enterprise, interagency and other key
- Synchronize GFT systems and operations activities to meet the
commander's tactical, operational and strategic goals while
ensuring systems and material adhere to command's security
- Assist in proposing, planning, designing, and implementing GFT
operations and systems.
- Manage and update program database that tracks the location and
status of every program device.
- Manage and update SOCNORTH data on unclassified UNITRAC and
GEIS servers, as required.
- Remotely log into Amazon Web Service based SOCPAC server and
Virtual Machines (VM) to troubleshoot server issues, and perform
- Focal point for OCONUS FSR requested device additions and
- Assist in pre-fielding device preparation and
- Control the gate that allows data to be pulled to the MMC for
viewing by US Forces.
- Send addition and change requests to appropriate POCs to update
device names and symbology on GCCS (SIPR/BFT).
- Maintain control and oversight on server maintenance, repair
and network configuration; coordinates actions between SOCPAC J6,
Network Architect and SYSADMIN.
- Provide SOCPAC with acquisition program resource requirements,
capability needs, and technical and system specifications to GFT
acquisition systems objectives for the command.
- Liaise with SOCPAC Senior Staff and its subordinate units to
support Operation, Logistics and Signal directorate actions and
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS:
The Device Manager must gain and possess comprehensive knowledge
of COCOMs and TSOCs Green Force Tracking requirements within the
GFT enterprise. The DM must have extensive knowledge of COCOMs and
TSOCs correspondence and administrative requirements, and an
excellent background with their information systems. The DM must
have extensive hands-on knowledge and experience in the following
- DOD GFT capabilities and operations, a complete understanding
of associated mission requirements, and the ability to envision
application of GFT tools and material to meet operational
- Knowledgeable in current and emerging GFT technologies; in
particular, physical and AWS servers, TAK, ATAK, Remote Advise and
Assist Virtual Accompany Kit and devices common to contemporary
- GFT enterprise capabilities, to include architecture,
infrastructure, and processes established and required to support
the core program functions.
- Possess the vision and experience to advise COCOM (PACOM) and
TSOC (SOCPAC) staff on standards and policy for GFT operations and
- Able to brief, write, and organize commensurate with preparing
written and verbal presentations associated with COCOM and TSOC HQs
and decision recommendations to senior leaders. This includes the
ability to exhibit tact in proposing courses of action or
recommendations to senior leadership.
- Must possess a US Top Secret Special Sensitive Compartmented
Information clearance (TS/SCI).
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
Device Manager (IOM) must possess one of the following academic
degree or years of direct, equivalent experience:
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Keywords: Raytheon Technologies Corp, Colorado Springs , Sr Field Engineer II - SOCNORTH, Other , colorado springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!