Lead Network Administrator
Company: Serco Group
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Lead Network Administrator
Exciting opportunity at Schriever AFB, CO!
Serco is seeking a Lead Network Administrator to join our team
supporting the U.S. Space Force (USSF). The Lead Network
Administrator will oversee the network administration aspects of
the contract as well as supervise other Serco engineers and
administrators on the Operation and Maintenance (O&M) Team of
the Global Command and Control System (GCCS) and Space Command
Digital Integrated Network (SDIN) throughout the USSF.
Duties may include:
- Design, install, maintain, and coordinate the use of the
- Recommend upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment
for the network systems.
- Evaluate hardware, software, and peripheral equipment for
large, complex networks.
- Manage network performance.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex problems to ensure quality
transmission service on the networks.
- Maintain and create/delete user accounts, maintain, and update
system security plans on all platforms.
- Implement and coordinate network policies, procedures, and
- Enforce security procedures.
- Supervises and schedules the network technician staff and
- May be required to fill in for shift work in a 24x7x365 work
- Supports other contract functional areas as required.
Requirements, Education, Experience
To be successful in this roll, you will have:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree (in Computer Science, Management
Information Systems, or related field) and 5+ years of related
experience. An Associate's Degree and 7+ years of related
experience or High School Diploma and 9+ years of related
experience, in lieu of a Bachelor's Degree. At least 2 years of
experience need to be in a Data Center environment.
- Must possess a Top Secret clearance.
- Requires IAT Level 2 certification immediately upon government
- Experience in Windows/Solaris 10 and LAN/WAN network
- Experience with Cisco and/or Juniper networking equipment.
- Experience with the GCCS and/or SDIN.
If you are interested in supporting and working with our
military and a passionate Serco team- then submit your application
now for immediate consideration. It only takes a few minutes and
could change your career! Visit these links for more information
about how Serco supports the US Military and our Veterans https://www.serco.com/na/careers/veterans-at-serco.)
Military Veterans and Spouses encouraged to apply!
In compliance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the
salary range for this role is $74,672.00 to $112,320.00; however,
Serco considers several factors when extending an offer, including
but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a
candidate's work experience, education/training, and key
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc.
Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S.
Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian
government, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We
help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while
increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered
in Herndon, Virginia, Serco Americas has approximately 8,000
employees and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps
transform government and public services around the world. At
Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset - we listen,
respect and support them throughout their career at Serco. We
invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal
opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/
Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National
Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
Keywords: Serco Group, Colorado Springs , Lead Network Administrator, Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!