Company: Job Store Staffing
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Job Store Staffing is seeking an Industrial Sewer/ Seamstress for
our Customer in Colorado Springs located off of Garden of the Gods
This customer was founded in 1986 and provides the highest quality
protective apparel in foodservice and kitchen operations.
This is a temp to hire position and a great way to get your foot in
the door with a well established company!
BASIC FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITY:
To perform skilled work involving the operation of electric
industrial sewing machines, walking foot, serger, double needle and
tacker to make various cloth articles (oven mitts, aprons, etc.).
Assemble product. Track time and quantify each step in production
(production logs). Finished work is inspected for conformance to
instructions and acceptable standards of workmanship.
- Operate industrial sewing machines in order to manufacture a
vareity of basic new articles in accordance with standard patterns
- Performs general sewing, altering and mending of articles.
- Takes measurements for items to be sewn, altered or
- Maintain files on all items made, issued and discarded
including patterns and materials used.
- Provide proper care and cleaning of assigned equipment and work
- Assist the Sewing Room Manager in providing work and procedure
orientation to new seamstress employees
- Because of necessary fluctuations of workloads, a seamstress
may be required, on an occasional basis, and according to need,
perform duties outside his/her ordinary assignment. Normal safety
requirements, scheduling and the efficient use of manpower and
equipment are taken into consideration in such assignments.
- Work experience preferred
- The ability to read, write and follow instructions
Hours: Monday-Thursday, 6am-4: 30pm
Keywords: Job Store Staffing, Colorado Springs , Manufacturing, Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!