Company: PLANET GRANITE, INC.
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: May 3, 2021
We are searching for a tech-savvy Purchasing Assistant with a
keen eye for detail to assist in overseeing Purchasing of various
goods for our Company. The Purchasing Assistant's duties will
include but not be limited to: the ability to perform data entry in
various systems, maintain spreadsheets, work in multiple softwares,
creation of purchase orders, verification of orders, maintain and
develop vendor relationships, monitor and reorder stock levels of
products, compare best pricing, and assure products are ordered in
time for job deadlines.
To be successful as a Purchasing Assistant, the position
requires a financial background in order to evaluate pricing and
monitor pricing fluctuations in conjunction with maintaining
adequate inventory levels, while achieving order fulfillments in a
timely manner. Request and receipt of proper credits will also be a
requirement. Prompt daily orders will be initiated and followed
through to completion. The Purchasing position is critical to the
functionality of the Company in assuring products are in on time to
complete the workflow, so excellent attendance and attention to
detail is critical.
Outstanding Purchasing Assistants are able to juggle multiple
responsibilities at once and make important decisions in fast-paced
environments. The position also requires a high level of
organizational skill to manage daily orders of tooling, purchases,
Position will also require but not be limited
- Financial accountability for Company purchases.
- Work with the CFO and Inventory Manager for accurate entries,
forecasting, and budgeting.
- Ability to perform data entry in various systems and in
- Conducting price comparison evaluations, establishing and
maintaining vendors and services, assuring custom materials are
received in a timely manner, and maintaining required stock
- Communicating ETAs with staff and monitoring logistics.
- Working with delivery and Warehouse teams to ensure goods are
received on time.
- Inspecting purchased products upon delivery and reporting any
- Initiation of internal credit reports and negotiating the
credit owed to the Company.
- Maintaining and developing Vendor relationships.
- Monitoring and reordering stock levels of products.
- Maintaining spreadsheets and accurate Accounting entries.
- Communicating with Accounting on order status, quantities,
- Creation of purchase orders in the Accounting system and
verification of inventory.
- Verification of orders and tracking ETAs.
- Ability to problem solve and implement solutions.
- Ability to interpret and assist in integration of data into
various software systems.
- Correction and/or updating of data in process, if necessary, on
a daily basis.
- Remaining aware and reporting any losses or miss use of
materials to the Company Management.
- Primarily the job is at a desk sitting at a computer. However,
some time will also be allocated to being outside, so applicants
should expect occasional outside conditions because inventory is
located outside. All of the products are indoors and outdoors.
- Potential lifting of up to 25 Lbs.+ to assist the team.
Candidates with experience in Purchasing, Inventory, basic
Accounting, data entry, Inventory software integrations, and
excellent attention to detail are encouraged to apply. Currently
the position is Monday - Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm. Background check
and Drug testing will be required upon hire.
Additional Purchasing Assistant
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Computer data entry skills
- Retail experience or similar
- Sound research and networking skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Practical experience with purchasing software
- Critical thinking
- Organizational skills
- Computer literacy
- Ability to type at least 40 WPM
- Ability to use Excel and other Computer programs
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma
- 0-3 years' experience with Inventory systems
- 2-3 years' experience in Purchasing
- On-the-job training provided
Starting at $18.00 - $21.00 per hour.
- A career path to grow your professional experiences.
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits, as well as certain other
health and wellness benefits.
- 401(K) plan with Company match.
- Other key Company benefits include accident insurance, critical
illness, life insurance, and employee assistance program. More
details about timing and conditions of benefits eligibility and
other plan terms and conditions will be provided upon hire.
Keywords: PLANET GRANITE, INC., Colorado Springs , Purchasing Assistant, Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!