Receiving Inspection Supervisor
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Provide leadership to direct employees to perform receiving
inspection of incoming components/materials per applicable
specifications and standard operating procedures. Ensure timely
release of incoming components/materials to support Manufacturing
Operations. Work with Purchasing and Supplier Quality Engineering
to ensure Philips suppliers are providing quality materials.
Provide communication between departments to facilitate smooth and
orderly flow of materials.
You are responsible for
- Supervise inspection employees. Train and develop employees on
Philips Quality System processes as well as inspection test methods
and continuous improvements tools.
- Plan receiving inspection daily/weekly workload and see that it
is performed in a timely manner meeting customer/schedule demands
with minimal overtime.
- Obtain, track and report on quality KPI metrics related to
inspection processes under scope of responsibility. Lead the team
in continuous improvement efforts.
- Train and direct employees to assure safe operation of
measurement equipment and ensure procedure guidelines are met using
- Ensure that material data records are correctly completed and
maintained of inspected components/materials.
- Maintain proper lot traceability to ensure compliant material
- Ensure discrepant material is appropriately identified,
segregated, and reported through appropriate MRB process.
- Lead the effort to develop inspection methods and create
appropriate inspection plans and procedures for material
- Work with other functional groups to continuously improve in
the area of quality, cost, delivery GMP compliance and safety.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform hiring, coaching, discipline, and performance reviews
- Communicate, adhere, and enforce company policies and
You are a part of
A vital team that supplies critical parts to the IGTd production
line. Our solutions combine navigational tools such as catheters
and guide wires with advanced software to help confirm the optimal
treatment at the point of care: measurement technology,
procedure-specific application support and on-board imaging and
monitoring with improved anatomical and functional information to
optimize therapy delivery.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills
- High school education or equivalent.
- 3+ years of manufacturing and/or supervisory experience.
- Must have familiarity with a full complement of standard
inspection equipment (i.e. calipers, micrometers, steel rules, pin
- Medical device manufacturing experience, preferred
- Formal supervisory training, preferred
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage and deliver on multiple tasks and
- Ability to write legibly, read and speak English, and perform
basic math functions as well as sound computer skills
- Ability to read, engineering drawings, product specifications,
receiving inspection plans, and test procedures
- Experience with using CMMs such as OGP SmartScope,
- Understand Zero Acceptance Sampling Plans using AQL sampling
and 100% inspection
- Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
(GD&T) and inspection techniques
- Strong computer abilities; web-based systems, Microsoft Office,
Material and Document Control Software
- Experience working within a government regulated environment,
such as FDA, FAA or ISO
- IPC 610 and IPC 620 Certifications (desired)
- US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The
company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a
In return, we offer you
At Philips, we strive to make the world healthier and more
sustainable through innovation, and our goal is to improve the
lives of 3 billion people a year by 2025. This position offers the
opportunity to impact worldwide regulatory compliance and directly
improve the customer and patient experience.
The salary range for this position is:
$70,000.00-$80,000.00/year. The bonus target is: 5%
Our benefits can be found here: https://www.careers.philips.com/na/en/total-rewards-at-philips.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create
a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3
billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the
health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected
moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful
ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a
personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career
website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once
there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find
answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and
advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion,
gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived
disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military
status or a person's relationship or association with a protected
veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or
domestic partner status, or any other category protected by
federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a
diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for
individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of
1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I
of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that
require accommodation in the job application process may contact
888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password
button on the Sign In screen to reset it.