We are seeking Spanish Speaking Captioning Agents (CA's) to
caption telephone calls. This is an entry level position with a
growing, enthusiastic team. We are currently hiring part-time
positions with the opportunity for full-time employment in the
future. CaptionCall offers flexible scheduling to accommodate your
lifestyle. CaptionCall performs captioning communication services
that are regulated by the Federal Communications Commission. These
regulations include requirements on answer times, prohibit hang-up,
mandate absolute confidentiality and limit call transfers to
current FCC Regulations. Calls cannot be recorded and therefore
there are no transcriptions of calls. All call content must be kept
Full-Time: Sorenson Communications and Caption Call are
committed to offering quality benefits that matter. Full-time
employees are eligible for 401(k), medical, dental, vision, HSA,
FSA, life, disability, EAP, paid vacation and sick leave, paid
holidays, wellness and discount programs, and more.
Part-Time: Sorenson Communications and Caption Call are
committed to offering quality benefits that matter. Part-time
employees are eligible for 401(k), EAP, and wellness and discount
programs. Paid sick leave will be provided in accordance with the
Colorado Healthy Families and Workplaces Act.
Compensation: Non-Exempt, $12.32/hr
Possible Additional Compensation Information: In addition to
base rates of pay, compensation for the position may include shift
differentials, special pays, and premium pays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer service by dictating/captioning a
variety of conversational topics verbatim in Spanish.
- Maintain a high level of dictation speed and accuracy.
- Maintain strict consumer confidentiality.
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
High School Diploma or GED or call center experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be able to pass a typing test to evaluate typing
- Must be able to pass entry level Spanish dictation
- Must be able to pass Berlitz testing with a C1 or C2 grade in
- Possess basic computer skills including knowledge of MS
- Knowledge of Spanish language structure and content, including
the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and
- Ability to communicate effectively in Spanish and English
through reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- Ability to hear and speak clearly in order to effectively
- Ability to correct and edit text on a computer.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Punctual and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work various shift assignments as influenced by
- Provide excellent customer service by captioning exactly what
is being said without any variation.
- Ability to sit and/or stand at a desk and work with a computer
for extended periods of time.
- Ability to concentrate for extended periods of time and
complete full calls.
- Ability to work and focus in an environment with noise and
- Ability to work productively during calls on a wide range of
subjects, including emergency situations.
- Positive attitude, team player, good interpersonal
communication skills and able to work across company
This position has access to highly confidential, sensitive
information relating to the employees, customers, and technologies
of Sorenson Communications and CaptionCall. It is essential that
applicant possess the requisite integrity to maintain the
information in strictest confidence.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
CaptionCall and Sorenson Communications are an EOE,