Company: Sanborn Map Company
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The GIS Supervisor provides technical expertise in GIS, GIS data
collection, GIS product development, GIS services, GIS analytics
and supervises GIS production processes. The GIS supervisor also
performs administrative functions; assigns work; monitors schedule
and budget; coordinates and communicates with other departments;
and assures quality. The GIS supervisor manages department staff
and also performs daily production work.
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
- Collects, organizes, edits, performs image interpretation and
performs production tasks to produce finished products that meet
internal and/or external client requirements.
- Provides technical expertise in GIS map production,
troubleshoot and solve complex technical issues and develops
production processes for data conversion and data processing.
- Supervise GIS mapping operations to ensure maximum efficiency,
quality, and productivity.
- Reviews production orders or schedules to ascertain product
data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and
scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department
- Plans production operations, establishing priorities and
- Prepares schedules and coordinates activities to ensure
production and quality of products meet specifications.
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves
operational, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and
prevent operational delays.
- Continually looks for methods to enhance production processes,
lower costs and improve product delivery
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices
and observes technicians to ensure compliance with standards.
- Provides support to Sales and Proposals staff as required for
technical writing, presentations, cost estimates and project
- Assures quality. Follow Sanborns Quality Management System
(QMS) and provide ISO training to employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
Acts as the team lead, providing daily instruction, training,
mentoring and direction to GIS team employees. Serves as an active
participant in the hiring process. Contributes to employee
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Bachelors degree or equivalent in GIS, Computer Science, or
Engineering. or related field. Masters Degree Preferred.
- 6 years of experience in a GIS environment working with ESRI
suite and tools and QGIS
- Experience with Open Street Maps
- GIS Certification. GISP preferred.
Salary: 60-80k annual
Sanborn offers a full comprehensive benefit package including
medical, dental, vision, life, accident, 401k, PTO, and holiday
benefits with this position.
TO APPLY: Visit our website: www.Sanborn.com under the Careers
menu option to apply for this position. Sanborn is an
AA/Vet/Disability Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Sanborn Map Company, Colorado Springs , GIS Supervisor, Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!