Executive Assistant to Provost/Faculty Records
Company: Inside Higher Ed
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: April 10, 2021
DescriptionThe Executive Assistant to the Provost/Faculty
Records Coordinator supports the provost and the office of Academic
Affairs in meeting the academic needs of the campus.
Responsibilities include coordination of the campus faculty
reappointment, promotion and tenure process, sabbatical
recommendations, faculty records (with HR), point of contact to CU
System offices for annual reports, faculty award nominations, and
Board of Regent approval submittals.Who We Are:The --is one of four
campuses in the University of Colorado system and is home to over
9,500 undergraduate and 1,900 graduate students.--(pop. 450K+) is
situated at the base of Pikes Peak, offers many recreational and
cultural activities and was recently ranked by --as one of the top
Best Places to Live in the U.S.Job Duties:Provost and CU System
- Provides executive level staff support to the provost including
researching background for various provost actions, compiling data
for provost reports, and drafting correspondence for provost
- Processes all academic affairs submissions to CU System
BoardDocs for the Board of Regents' meetings.
- Maintains information and drafts UCCS reports for annual CU
System Sabbatical Report and Post-Tenure Review Report to the CU
Vice President for Academic Affairs.-- College/School Faculty
- Coordinates the promotion and tenure (RPT) processes and
procedures. Assists and guides the college HR admins and faculty in
the assembly of dossiers. Collaborates with, advises, and supports
the Vice Chancellor's Review Committee for annual faculty
Reappointment, Promotion and Tenure review process.
- Coordinates with the provost and colleges for annual faculty
- Manages the submissions for emeritus/emerita designations and
phased retirement agreements for faculty.
- Coordinates with Institutional Research and the colleges in
oversight of faculty reporting systems (Digital Measures,
Workflow). Responsible for creation of templates and dossier flow
within Digital Measures Workflow for all colleges for the RPT
- Supports units under the Academic Affairs organization at the
- Maintains faculty records in collaboration with Human
- Ability to work collaboratively and collegially with others in
a multi-cultured environment.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and exercise
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple, complex, and
- Ability to adapt to changing work priorities based on the needs
of the unit.
- Ability to work independently with attention to detail.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.This position
has been determined to be exempt from the overtime provisions of
the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).What We Offer:Salary
Range:--Generally starting at $52,544 - $72,474The salary of the
finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety
of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity,
experience, education, specialty and training.The University of
Colorado offers--excellent benefits, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid vacation and time off, and a tuition benefit.
Information on university benefits programs, including eligibility,
is located at--. Total compensation goes beyond the value on
the--paycheck.-- Please consider reviewing the Total Compensation
page at--.Tentative Search Timeline:
- The potential dates for interviews with the search committee
will be the week of--5/3/2021.
- The potential dates for interviews with the supervisor and
appointing authority will be the week of--5/10/2021.
- The potential employee start date is--6/1/2021.The University
of Colorado Colorado Springs is committed to providing a safe and
productive learning, living and working community. To assist in
achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all
prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background
investigations include a criminal history record check, and when
appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.--UCCS
is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. In
compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its
commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces
diversity, the University of Colorado does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender,
disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation
or political philosophy in its programs or activities, including
employment, admissions, and educational programs. Alternative
formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals
with disabilities by contacting the Office of Human Resources at
(719) 255-3372.To perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each of the established essential functions and
meet the physical and environment demands described satisfactorily.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill,
ability, physical and environmental conditions required of the
employee on the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions, physical and environmental demands.Applicants with
disabilities: If you have a mental or physical impairment, which
limits one of your major life activities (e.g. walking, hearing,
seeing, speaking, breathing, or learning) and require special
accommodations for testing or interviewing, it is your
responsibility to notify the office scheduling the interview or
test at least 3 working days before the interview or test date.--
If you need special accommodations at the work site, you must
notify the appointing authority or Human Resources.The Immigration
Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment
eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the
third day of work.QualificationsMinimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Three or more years of progressively responsible, full-time
work experience. Preferred Qualifications:
- Higher education experience.
- Three or more years of experience working with faculty
processes in higher education.
- Digital Measures software experience.Physical
Requirements:While performing the duties of this job, the employee
is frequently required to sit.-- Employee is occasionally required
to move. Tasks may involve using a computer screen continuously for
long periods of time. The employee must occasionally lift and/or
move up to 10 pounds.Job Category: Administrative Support and
RelatedPrimary Location: Colorado SpringsSchedule: Full-timePosting
Date: Apr 2, 2021Unposting Date: Ongoing
Keywords: Inside Higher Ed, Colorado Springs , Executive Assistant to Provost/Faculty Records, Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!