Company: Waste Connections
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Job TitleLube TechPrimary LocationColorado Springs,
ColoradoEmployee TypeEmployeeJob DescriptionWaste Connections is
looking for a safety conscience Diesel Lube Tech to join our
GROWING team in Colorado Springs, Colorado.PAY:- This position pays
$20 -$22 per hour depending on your experience - working 50-55
hours a week. Everything after 40 is paid overtime.-WHY YOU NEED TO
- CULTURE: - It's a Great place to work! We work in an
environment where empowered, self-directed All-stars know what they
do is important.
- INTEGRITY: Our definition is -saying what you will do and then
doing it!- We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
-What we do: We provide trash and disposal services to the local
community. You, a vital piece of the team, would be responsible for
the maintenance and upmost safety on our fleet of trucks. This
includes duties such:
- Perform assigned preventative maintenance services including
oil and lube changes, replacement of lamps, bulbs, replace brake
shoes, perform wheel seals and many more minor repairs.
- Inspect electrical, hydraulics, suspension brake and air
systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilize basic vehicle computer electrical systems to interpret
failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Complete required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance
software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting
parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment in compliance with
corporate and OSHA standards.What we work with: Trash is dirty!
Trucks are dirty! And this is a service provided year round - Rain,
snow or shine. Hot or cold. Be prepared to work in all
environments, around heavy diesel equipment. Understanding how to
work safely in this environment is key.Plan for the following
- -Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work;
heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 60
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to
repair trucks on the road. Usually well-lighted and ventilated.
Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to
handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic
- Exposure to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or
humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration.
- Noise level is usually moderate.
- Always operating in a safe manner (Lock out/Tag out, Use of
PPE, Jackstands, steering covers, etc)At the end of the day, we
send our trucks out knowing they were touched by safe and diligent
handsMinimum Job Requirements
- Valid driver's license (CDL preferred, but not
required).--Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in
English.-2 years of experience preferred.-Must own personal
tools.-To speak with our virtual recruiter immediately, please
follow this link: To be considered for any of our current openings
you must complete an application at . Application information and
additional instructions can be found once you select your position
of interest.We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental,
vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term
disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited
opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".Waste Connections is an
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Waste Connections, Colorado Springs , Lube Tech, Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!