Principal System Integration Engineer - CMS CFPT (21-023v2)
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile
products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has
opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space
exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting
multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a
culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining
Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and
protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the
future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that
preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching
the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early
beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of
history, they're making history.
The Engineering organization pushes the boundaries of innovation,
redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various
sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills,
innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain
optimized product lines across the sector while providing a
decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our
Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP) is looking for you to join
our team as a Principal System Integration Engineer based out of
Schriever Air Force Base, Colorado Springs, CO.
What You'll get to Do:
- Integrate C2BMC software into the C2BMC test suites, primarily
- Develop site and event specific configurations to support test,
war games, and exercise events.
- Operate and troubleshoot C2BMC systems during test events.
- Work with external National Team (CLAW) personnel to resolve
test lab issues
- Work with C2BMC Operations and Sustainment personnel to resolve
installation and processing issues.
- Create and modify scripts to extract specific information from
- Perform data analysis of input, internal, and output message
data; trouble shoot both test and operational issues.
- Document test results and prepare test status
- Author Spiral and build-level test plan documents and
- Create Test Discrepancy Reports to document issues.
- Assist software development personnel with the investigation
and resolution of issues.
- Develop troubleshooting procedures and work-around
- Develop and execute detailed test plans and procedures to test
C2BMC in an integrated environment or to test specific
- Plan and lead integration C2BMC tests with external elements
- Review and provide feedback of system specifications,
development, test, network documents as necessary.
- Sometimes multi-week travel to customer sites (e.g. EUCOM,
CENTCOM) and contractor sites (e.g. Huntsville, HWY83) may be
required. Ability to travel is a requirement.
- An active Secret clearance is required.
- 5 Years with Bachelor's degree in a STEM-related field; 3
years' experience with Master's degree.
- Must be able to obtain a DoD 8570 certification at IAT Level II
or higher (Security+, GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA)
within 60 days of start of employment.
- Experience with Systems Integration and System/Software
Testing, including virtualized environments.
- Experience in the integration of system components within an
integrated test environment.
- Working knowledge of system design and overall integration into
an operational environment.
- High proficiency with VMware, virtual servers, UNIX, including
- Detailed knowledge of Windows and Unix environments.
- Working knowledge in test plan/procedure preparation and test
- Candidate must be able to cooperatively develop integration
plans/procedures from sources such as functional/performance
requirements and stated technical capabilities, monitor the
integration of the test resources, execute these detailed
integration procedures, analyze integration results, and present
the results orally and in written format.
- Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication
skills, must be able to work effectively and cooperatively with
people within and external to the program, and must be proficient
in Microsoft Office applications. Preferred Qualifications:
- Top Secret clearance desired, minimum requirement of Secret
- Experience in troubleshooting of small to large scale
- Ideal candidate should have either knowledge of or practical
experience with industry or DoD test methodologies and
- Experience with operational systems (e.g. Aegis, Patriot),
development systems (e.g. GMD, THAAD, Aegis), and off-the-shelf
statistical analysis packages a plus. What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a
work environment that encourages your growth and supports the
mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman
benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the
benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your
benefits will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Flexible Work Arrangements
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to
base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of
benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability
insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off
(PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. Learn about Northrop
Grumman Total Rewards and Benefits.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions. Associated topics:
asic, board, digital, engineer, engineer i, engineer ii, h/w
engineer, rf, systems engineer, vlsi
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Colorado Springs , Principal System Integration Engineer - CMS CFPT (21-023v2), Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!