Principal Systems Engineer - Run-Ahead CFPT (20-413)
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile
products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has
opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space
exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting
multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a
culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining
Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and
protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the
future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that
preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching
the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early
beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of
history, they're making history.
The Engineering organization pushes the boundaries of innovation,
redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various
sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills,
innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain
optimized product lines across the sector while providing a
decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our
Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP) is looking for you to join
our team as a Principal Systems Engineer based out of Colorado
What You'll get to Do:
- Successful candidate will perform use case development, and
prepare systems engineering artifacts including definition of Epics
and Features to be developed by program Cross-Functional Product
Teams to implement customer requested capabilities.
- Support the development and review of interface documents,
system requirements, Verification Cross Reference Matrix (VCRM)
development, architectural documentation, system engineering
estimates, and author and perform formal and informal engineering
- Position will also provide use case development support to
junior systems engineering team members to enhance use case skills
in the department.
- Responsibilities include adhering to DOORS processes and
procedures, reviewing the content and details of technical
products, and acting as a technical interface to MDA working level
counterparts on an as-required basis.
- Candidate will be actively involved in the efforts associated
with Agile development including iteration planning, statusing, and
agile team leadership.
- An active Secret clearance is required.
- 5 Years with Bachelor's degree in a STEM-related field; or 3
years' experience with a Master's degree.
- Experience in mission analysis with skill in development of use
cases, sequence diagrams, and SysML modeling in support of
- Experience applying requirements management practices using the
DOORS tool or similar.
- Candidate skills required include:
- Requirements solicitation, derivation, and decomposition to
lower level subsystems and components.
- Maintenance of system and component baselines in a requirement
- Defining the relationships between internal and external
- Communicating system level use cases and associated Epics and
Feature relationships to a diverse group of customers, developers,
engineers, subject matter experts, and users. Preferred
- Experience with Agile Methods, and Epic and Feature definition
is a significant plus.
- Skills generating system/element level functional, performance,
and interface specifications to document and control the
achievement of the desired capabilities.
- Skills in logical architecture modeling and/or interface
definition, as well as knowledge of cyber security concepts and
- Demonstrated ability to analyze high level needs utilizing use
cases/scenarios and relate them to the requirements.
- Experience with / knowledge of MBSE or model-based
- Excellent communications skills desired (written and
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly present
technical approaches and findings.
- Demonstrated ability to implement engineering plans within a
- Experience with Cyber Security, the Risk Management Framework
(RMF) and network design are highly desired.
- Additionally, experience as a scrum master in an Agile
development environment is desirable. What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a
work environment that encourages your growth and supports the
mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman
benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the
benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your
benefits will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Flexible Work Arrangements
Salary Min: $92K
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to
base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of
benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability
insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off
(PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. Learn about Northrop
Grumman Total Rewards and Benefits.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions. Associated topics:
cloud architect, equipment, http, infrastructure, infrastructure
architect, ip, maintenance, senior engineer, server, system
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Colorado Springs , Principal Systems Engineer - Run-Ahead CFPT (20-413), Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!