Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: April 6, 2021
Job #: R-00048221
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Category: Software Development
Schedule (FT/PT): Full Time
Travel Required: No
Potential for Telework: No
Clearance: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Referral Eligibility : Eligible
Group: Intelligence Description Job Description:Leidos has an
immediate opening for a Splunk Administrator to join a large IC DoD
customer contract, ISEO. Leidos is building a new team to transform
our customer spaces. We are looking for a collaborative and forward
leaning individual who wants to tackle challenges and be a part of
creating innovative solutions. In return, Leidos will invest in you
with a new enhanced leave plan, generous 401k, and training to name
just a few great benefits. Ready to tackle your next challenge -
then we want you on our team.In this role, you will provide
Administration and design support for a very large distributed
Splunk environment, spanning security, performance, and operational
roles. Additionally, you will support full system engineering
life-cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development,
integration, test, documentation, and implementation following
defined best practices and operational workflows. You will work
with other Splunk team members and will be required to interact
with end users to gather requirements and perform
- Architect, design, support, and maintains Splunk infrastructure
for a highly available and disaster recovery configuration.
- Support and maintain complete logging infrastructure including,
but not limited to, log storage, syslog/Windows Event Collector
servers, and database connections.
- Troubleshoot Splunk platform and application issues, escalate
the issue and work with Splunk support to resolve issues.
- Create and manage Splunk knowledge objects (field extractions,
macros, event types, etc.).
- Onboard new data sources into Splunk, analyzed the data for
anomalies and trends, and built dashboards highlighting key
- Perform data mining and analysis, utilizing various queries and
- Implement KV stores, lookups, and data model acceleration to
optimize search performance and reporting.
- Build and integrated contextual data into notable events.
Interact with end users to gather requirements.
- Perform routine health checks, maintenance tasks, update,
upgrade, and implement new capability.
- Monitor the agent and server infrastructure for capacity
planning and optimization
- Develop data correlation use cases within Base Splunk
capabilities and ITSI capabilities for consumption by the
- --Mentor users and other groups on their use of Splunk.
- Effectively and accurately document work in various formats
including work instructions, change management requests, incident
tickets, and email. Improve efficiency through process improvement
- The individual must be able to communicate effectively with a
minimum of supervision in verbally and in writing. Must be able to
use Word, PowerPoint, and SharePoint effectively. Basic
- Expertise with Linux and command-line interface.
- Intermediate level understanding of Solaris,Windows operating
systems and Oracle/MSSQL databases.
- Experience deploying apps within Splunk and administrating the
- Experience with data normalization and data modeling within the
- Experience in creating and managing Splunk DB connects
- Experience with Identities, Database connections, Database
inputs, outputs, lookups, access controls
- Experience with administration of Splunk Enterprise
- Experience with the development of documentation, architecture
diagrams, and process and procedures for end users.
- Experience with Regular Expressions (regex).
- Knowledge of Splunk architecture and best practices.
- Knowledge of advanced search and reporting commands.
- Knowledge of network technology and common internet
- Understanding of system log files and other structured and
- Understand methods of collection, logging, windows filtering,
and tuning / baselining data.
- Five (5) years of experience in administering Splunk.
- Three (3) years of experience in administering Operation
systems (Windows and Linux).
- Two (2) years of experience in scripting and automation.
- Three (3) years of experience developing, executing, and
improving work instructions and other technical documentation
related to Splunk Administration.
- Current Splunk User and Power User certification required.
- Current Splunk Certified Administrator required
- Candidate must have a Bachelor's degree with 4 - 8 years of
relevant experience, Masters degree with 2 - 6 years, Associate's
with 10 years, or High School Diploma with 12 years.--Preferred
- The individual possess hands-on technical knowledge of some of
the following: SIEM, networking, scripting, and automation.
- Splunk Architect highly preferred. External Referral
Bonus:EligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:Top
Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:NoScheduled Weekly
Family:Software DevelopmentPay Range:Pay Range $71,500.00 -
$110,000.00 - $148,500.00 About LeidosLeidos is a Fortune 500 --
--information technology, engineering, and science solutions and
services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in
the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health
markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital missions for
government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va.,
Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for
the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit
www.Leidos.com . Pay and BenefitsPay and benefits are fundamental
to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages
that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers.
Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and
Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement.
More details are available here .Securing Your DataLeidos will
never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of
the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate
with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email
address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that
asks for payment-related information or any other personal
information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org
.Commitment to DiversityAll qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to sex, race,
ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or
mental disability, medical condition, genetic information,
pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic
partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with relevant laws. Description Job
Description:The Defense Group at... Description Job Description:The
Defense Group at... Join our Talent Community to create a profile,
enabling a streamlined application process and to help our
recruiters better understand your areas of expertise and interest.
Contact us about product information and pricing, customer
feedback, stockholder services, or just to voice a concern.
Keywords: Leidos, Colorado Springs , Splunk Administrator, Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!