Utility Worker - Colorado
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Overview: Cleans, fuels, and checks fluid levels of diesel buses
under direct supervision.
What we offer:
- Hourly rate $13.25
- Medical/Dental/Vision health benefits - Blue Cross Blue Shield
- 401(K) retirement plan.
- Annually: 32 Floating Holiday hours, 80 Vacation hours, 48 sick
hours and 8 national holidays.
- Ability to advance your career. Responsibilities:
- Washes exterior of vehicles using power washer and brushes;
sweeps and removes trash from vehicles.
- Drives, maneuvers, and parks vehicles.
- Fuels buses, replenishes fluids, and logs and records all
- Downloads drive cameras; probes fare boxes.
- Performs light maintenance to shop areas, fueling stations, and
- Reports any maintenance issues to Supervisor.
Other duties as required. Qualifications: Education, Licensing, and
- High school diploma or equivalent, such as GED, required
- Must possess a valid state driver's license with a minimum of
one year of driving experience and a good driving record
- Must be eligible for and able to obtain a Commercial Drivers
License with a Passenger endorsement within 30 days of hire
- 1 year or more of janitorial or auto detailing experience
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Good oral communication skills
- Ability to read and follow written and spoken instructions
- Ability to read, comprehend, and abide by Material Safety Data
Sheets and all other safety training materials provided
- Ability to learn shop processes including fueling vehicles and
- Ability to mix and use a variety of cleaning products
- Ability to use a variety of equipment such as buffers,
scrubbing machines, and other heavy cleaning equipment
- Strong attention to details
Travel requirement (as a percent):
- Must submit to drug testing, physical examination, and a
criminal background check
- Less than 10% of work is accomplished in doors and in air
condiitoned or well ventilated facilities
- Greater than 90% of work is accomplished in an open garage
- Performs physical activities that require considerable use of
the arms, repetitive hand wrist motion, and legs and moving the
whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking,
stooping, and handling materials.
- May be asked to lift and carry up to 60 pounds.
- May be exposed to cleaning chemicals, you have access to safety
Based near Chicago, Transdev is the largest private-sector operator
of multiple modes of transit in North America, including bus, rail,
streetcar, paratransit, and shuttle services. Transdev is committed
to being the trusted partner of cities and transit authorities
through quality execution and innovations in mobility. Its parent
company, Transdev Group, is a leading global operator and
integrator of mobility operating in 17 countries and provides
passengers every day the freedom to connect to what they care about
in their cities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and
welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and
impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data,
gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally
protected status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster:
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work
in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to
pass a drug screen and background check.
Keywords: Transdevna, Colorado Springs , Utility Worker - Colorado, Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!