Business Risk and Controls Advisor Senior
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: October 18, 2020
Purpose of JobThis position is available 100% remotely.
Primary responsibilities support requirements for Financial
Controls Oversight within Real Estate, including the ICFR Program,
Operating Losses, and Reconciliations. Specific tasks may include,
but not be limited to: ad hoc reports, loss reporting, control and
issue review and development, MetricStream updates, SOC1 reviews,
control testing support, process mapping, operations expense
reviews, and reconciliation oversight.
Positioned in the first line of defense to ensure the overall
effectiveness of risk and compliance management programs, risk
analytics and operations in the business. This role will partner
and collaborate with Compliance and Risk Management, as well as
Business Operations, IT, Audit Services, and Regulators to support
risk and compliance-based initiatives. Responsible for supporting
business leader adherence to the established risk framework and
ongoing supervision of business controls including risk and control
self-assessments, identification and evaluation of control
effectiveness, identifying control failures, facilitating risk and
compliance remediation, internal and external audits and regulatory
exams, and monitoring of the first line of defense to minimize risk
exposures and strengthen the overall control environment. Leverages
risk assessment data and identifies key data-driven insights tied
to first line of defense.Job Requirements
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Manages and drives solutions for stronger controls, and in
support of risk and/or regulatory compliance related initiatives
which may include: oversight of procedures/process, accurate
regulatory reporting and filing, document governance, risk control
self-assessments, procedure governance, control design, new product
controls, CoSA Third Party Governance, or quality governance.
- Performs ongoing supervision and oversight of business controls
and shares knowledge with team members to evaluate the
effectiveness of established business controls.
- Responsible for risk data analysis, report preparation and
trend analysis, utilizing business intelligence tools.
- Anticipates business needs and proactively identifies
opportunities to improve and strengthen the control environment
through actionable insights.
- Assists with translating control deficiencies into action plans
and provides recommendations to enhance governance practices in
alignment with risk and compliance frameworks.
- Partners with stakeholders to drive improvement efforts to
correct or prevent unfavorable trends and assess the impacts.
- Leads project team through concept, planning, execution, and
implementation phases for effective and timely risk
- Advises senior management on the status of their control
environment related to risk identification and control
- Identifies critical areas to monitor and escalates issues and
findings to appropriate stakeholders.
- Develops and maintains processes, procedures and tools for
managing exception alerts as they occur, including monitoring of
resulting exception cases.
- Provides control oversight to ensure compliance with laws and
- Serves as a primary resource to team members.
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 years of experience supporting risk and/or compliance related
activities in a financial services operating environment or other
relevant industry or 6 years of experience in a relevant
quantitative discipline or advanced degree or designation in a risk
management or quantitative discipline, and 4 years of experience
supporting risk and/or compliance related activities or PhD in a
risk management or quantitative discipline, and 2 years of
experience supporting risk and/or compliance related
activities.*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job
level*When you apply for this position, you will be required to
answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5
minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your
- 7 or more years of large bank or financial services company
(consolidated assets of at least $50 Billion) or big four
- Accounting degree and/or CPA
- In depth experience with risk and controls (operating controls,
ICFR, ITGC s, and application controls) environment in large
bank/mortgage or capital markets environment.
- In depth knowledge of industry related standards (PCAOB, COSO,
SOX). The above description reflects the details considered
necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should
not be construed as a detailed description of all the work
requirements that may be performed in the job.At USAA our employees
enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a
flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive
medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth
building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and
continuing education will assist you with your professional
goals.Relocation assistance is not available for this position.For
Internal Candidates:Must complete 12 months in current position
(from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager s
approval prior to posting.Last day for internal candidates to apply
to the opening is 7/29/20 by 11:59 pm CST time. Associated topics:
analyze, bi, consult, financial analytic, financial reporting
analyst, guidance, investment analyst, investment analytics,
investment banking, law
Keywords: USAA, Colorado Springs , Business Risk and Controls Advisor Senior, Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!