Lead Model Based Systems Engineer
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: September 14, 2020
Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling
life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are
committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges-and we're
committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is
different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit
corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no
commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers
we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as
diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and
enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every
day-working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and
world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive
benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a
culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion,
flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like
the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE-and make a
difference with us.
The MITRE Architecture Analytics Department is looking for systems
engineers and architects with experience in applying systems
engineering principles and practices using model-based languages,
methods, and tools to analyze complex system or system-of-systems.
By applying model-based methods, systems engineers and architects
promote mission success, functional integration, and resource
optimization in support of decision-making for an enterprise
- Working with MITRE experts to develop and analyze systems
engineering design and execution using MBE methodologies.
- Supporting project teams creating deliverables for MITRE
- Generating artifacts, models, and visualizations for use
internal to MITRE and sponsors.
- Assist our MITRE experts with MBE knowledge management,
research and other efforts to grow our body of knowledge in the MBE
- Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a
government security investigation and must meet eligibility
requirements for access to classified information or applicants who
are eligible for security clearances.
- Bachelors degree and 5 years of experience in systems
engineering, software engineering, computer science, or related
- Experience in early lifecycle engineering eliciting, tracing,
and managing requirements, and developing relevant
- Ability to build and assess systems engineering and
architecture models in SysML, UML, and/or UAPF to conduct technical
assessments that inform key technical decisions made by a sponsor
- Experience using DOORS, Cameo, Rhapsody, NoMagic, or other MBSE
- Proficiency in MS Office including Outlook, Excel, and
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills
for engagements with sponsors, MITRE staff and other
- Must have a current and active SECRET clearance
- Willingness and ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI Poly
level security clearance; if necessary
- 8 or more years of experience in systems engineering, software
engineering, computer science, or related disciplines.
- Expert use of DOORS, Cameo, Rhapsody, or NoMagic
- Ability to work in MatLab and integrate outputs into Cameo or
other MBSE tools.
- Experience in enterprise architecture modeling using common
frameworks like DoDAF, TOGAF, etc.
MITRE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. MITRE recruits,
employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race,
religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual
identity, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected
MITRE intends to maintain a website that is fully accessible to all
individuals. If you are unable to search or apply for jobs and
would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of
MITRE's employment process, please contact MITRE's Recruiting Help
Line at 703-983-8226 or email at email@example.com.
Copyright -- 1997-2020, The MITRE Corporation. All rights reserved.
MITRE is a registered trademark of The MITRE Corporation. Material
on this site may be copied and distributed with permission
Keywords: MITRE, Colorado Springs , Lead Model Based Systems Engineer, Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!