Director, Litigation Operations
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Purpose of JobAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level.Job Profile
SummaryWe are currently seeking a Director, Litigation Operations
to work in a Hybrid Work Environment from one of our USAA office
locations to include Chesapeake, VA, Colorado Springs, CO, Phoenix,
AZ, or Tampa, FL. This Director will be part of the Litigation
Operations team at USAA overseeing a team of Litigation Managers
and Litigation Claims Advisors.Leads unit of assigned Litigation
Managers. Responsible for workflow, administration, developing
employee technical skills, and evaluating performance of Litigation
Managers. Provides high-level technical advice and supervision on
litigated cases. Accountable for delivering a concierge level of
best in class member service through setting appropriate
expectations, proactive communications, advice and empathy.Job
- Identifies and handles existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Directs, develops and leads a team of claims litigation
professionals who handle all litigation arising out of the Auto,
Property and Small Business Insurance contract.
- Accountable to deliver operational litigation results,
including external legal expense, case quality, and member
- Collaborates with Claims Operations leaders to drive business
results, manage litigation risk and find opportunities to
strengthen overall claim handling.
- Manages workflow and ensures quality control.
- Participates in case authority and strategy conferences on
- Monitors and provides recommendations for retention of panel
defense attorneys and firms.
- Accountable for reviewing, auditing, and approving legal
expenses and fees.
- Responsible for hiring, employee development, performance
evaluation, counseling, and all manager related administrative
- Responsible for ensuring litigation documentation records are
current and complete across the team.
- Works closely with management to develop procedures, policies
- Ensures that all policies and procedures, including compliance,
regulatory, performance and customer service standards are met or
- Within authority limit, independently analyzes, and helps
support, investigate, negotiate and resolve highest severity and/or
most complex claims.
- Builds and oversees a team of employees for assigned functional
area through ongoing execution of recruiting, development,
retention, coaching and support, performance management, and
managerial activities.Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree; OR 4 years of related experience (in
addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be
substituted in lieu of degree.
- 8 years of progressive customer service, operational, or
military experience, to include a minimum 6 years of P&C
experience in claims or claims litigation.
- 3 years of direct team lead or management experience
- Extensive experience developing claim or litigation strategy
and negotiation of complex P&C claims.
- Advanced knowledge of P&C policies and legal
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory compliance related to claims
and claims litigation.
- Experience handling large losses auto, property or
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and successful
relationships with vendor law firms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Subject-matter-expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools and
applicable software.Preferred Experience:
- Bodily Injury/Uninsured Motorist
- Personal Injury Protection Subject-matter-expert knowledge
- Experience with litigation expense managementThe above
description reflects the details considered necessary to describe
the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a
detailed description of all the work requirements that may be
performed in the job.Compensation:USAA has an effective process for
assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market position. The salary range for this position
is: $117,600 - $211,700 * .Employees may be eligible for pay
incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or
at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.*Geographical
Differential : Geographic pay differential is additional pay
provided to eligible employees working in locations where market
pay levels are above the national average.Shift premium will be
addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are
consistently scheduled for non-core hours.Benefits:At USAA our
employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical,
financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals.To see details on our outstanding benefits, visit USAA Total
Rewards.Relocation assistance is not available for this
position.USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.If
you are an existing USAA employee, please use the internal career
site in OneSource to apply.Please do not type your first and last
name in all caps.Find your purpose. Join our mission.USAA is unlike
any other financial services organization. The mission of the
association is to facilitate the financial security of its members,
associates and their families through provision of a full range of
highly competitive financial products and services; in so doing,
USAA seeks to be the provider of choice for the military community.
We do this by upholding the highest standards and ensuring that our
corporate business activities and individual employee conduct
reflect good judgment and common sense, and are consistent with our
core values of service, loyalty, honesty and integrity.USAA
attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource:
our 35,000 employees. They are the heart and soul of our
member-service culture. When you join us, you'll become part of a
thriving community committed to going above for those who have gone
beyond: the men and women of the U.S. military, their associates
and their families. In order to play a role on our team, you don't
have to be connected to the military yourself you just need to
share our passion for serving our more than 13 million members.USAA
is an EEO/AA Employer - applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, pregnancy, protected veteran status
or other status protected by law.USAA is an EEO/AA Employer -
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, pregnancy, protected veteran status or other status
protected by law.
Keywords: USAA, Colorado Springs , Director, Litigation Operations, Legal , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!