Principal Software Engineer or Sr. Principal Software Engineer
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: October 12, 2019
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that
preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching
the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early
beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of
history, they're making history.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the
boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and
drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with
providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design,
produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while
providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join
our team as a Principal Software Engineer or Sr. Principal Software
Engineer based out of Colorado Springs, CO.
What You'll get to Do:
Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems Sector organization is seeking
applicants for a position on the Sustainment and Modernization of
Radars (SMORS) program. This position will serve as a software
engineer supporting the Perimeter Acquisition Radar Attack
Characterization System (PARCS). This position will be located in
Colorado Springs, CO.
The engineer selected to this position will:
- Provide software engineering solutions in an Agile development
- Participate in requirements derivation, analysis, system/software
- Participate in software implementation to include static code
analysis, unit-level testing and documentation.
- Support system integration efforts, contractor developmental test
and evaluation and Government acceptance testing.
- Provide engineering and technical assistance for operational site
- Perform/support rapid software defect root cause analysis and
- Actively participate in continual improvement of system,
software, and processes.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on
qualifications listed below.
This requisition may be filled at either a Principal or Sr.
Principal Software Engineer level.
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science or
related discipline from an accredited college.
- For a Principal Software Engineer:5 years or more of professional
experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a Master's
- For a Sr. Principal Software Engineer: 9 years or more of
professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with
a Master's degree.
- Experience with design and development leveraging an Object
- Experience with Windows and NIX based operating systems.
- Experience with applied automated testing techniques including
unit and integration testing
- Strong ability to debug and trace existing baseline for system
troubleshooting and impact analysis
- Understanding of standard software development lifecycle and
supporting technical stack
- Must have strong organization skills and an ability to prioritize
assigned work in order to meet deadlines.
- Must be detail-oriented with good written & verbal communication
- Position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
- Able to deliver successful results based on general objectives
with minimal guidance.
- Experience with leading software defect root cause analysis and
- Familiarity with Missile Defense, Missile Warning and Space
Situational Awareness missions.
- Familiarity with Phased Array Radar technology.
- Experience utilizing model based systems engineering and software
design methodologies (SYSML/UML)
- Experience developing real-time Object-Oriented Software
architectures, with C++ or Java, preferable to have experience with
- Familiarity with Perimeter Acquisition Radar Attack
Characterization System (PARCS) technology and programs.
- Familiarity with the PARCS Mission Data Processor.
- Experience in the use of Atlassian tools.
- Experience interacting with Government Stakeholders
- Experience developing Object-Oriented software architectures with
C++ or Java
- Experience using agile development methodologies, preferably
SCRUM or Scaled Agile Framework.
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Windows, RedHat Linux, and
Solaris operating systems
- Experience developing network based applications in a pub/sub or
- Experience with Real Time Operating systems
- Experience with Emulation/Virtualization technologies
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a
work environment that encourages your growth and supports the
mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman
benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the
benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your
benefits will include the following:
Paid Time Off
Training and Development
Flexible Work Arrangements
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50
states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and
retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work
environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas,
perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer
challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically
sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are
guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to
be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values.
We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term
benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the
communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to
maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity
and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an
ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Colorado Springs , Principal Software Engineer or Sr. Principal Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!