Sr. Systems Administrator (MQ)
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: August 16, 2019
Secure our Nation, Ignite your FutureMaintain data files and
control procedures for a complex system of networked computers or
for a single group of microcomputers linked to a host workstation,
or mainframe. Responsible for system security and data integrity.
Assigns passwords and monitors use of resources, backs up files as
required and works with management to define requests for
information. Provides technical guidance to lesser-experienced
systems administrators. Requires Bachelors degree (in Computer
Science or related field) or equivalent, and seven to nine years of
related experience.ManTech International seeks qualified candidates
for a Sr. System Administrator (MQ) to support a large-scale
Federal Agency program critical to our nation's safety. The Sr.
System Administrator (MQ) Administrator is responsible for
production support, implementation, standards/governance,
integration, deployment, monitoring, root cause analysis and
performance tuning of a medium-scale WMQ deployments. This will
include the maintenance/support of a large number of
medium-enterprise systems, problem resolution for a middleware
integration environment, installing, configuring and deploying
WebSphere MQ and MQ software products.
The selected candidate must possess the following:
- Ability to work with little supervision on individual tasks, as
well as team-oriented tasks.
- Good communication and written skills
- Ability to work well as a productive member of a multi-faceted
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks.
- Ability to work under a cross-matrix management structure.
- Ability to support after hours on-call and respond in a timely
manner The selected candidate will also be:
- Responsible for enterprise wide WebSphere MQ messaging
infrastructure across distributed platforms including UNIX (AIX and
Linux), Windows, WebSphere MQ Administration (V8.x &above) on
distributed platforms (AIX, Linux, and Windows)
- Required to troubleshoot on AIX, Linux and Windows systems,
build and run scripts.
- Required to administer MQ using MQE and command line using MQSC
- Responsible for the design and build of the Distributed Queue
- Responsible for the administration of Administer WebSphere
Application Server(WAS) using ISC console
- Responsible for the administration and management of MQ
- Responsible for the administration and management of MQ
- Setup security for WebSphere MQ queues& other objects for data
access and for administration using role-based security
- Responsible for software installations and patches to WebSphere
- Able to work with MQ monitoring tools like Tivoli Omegamon
- Required to work with application development teams providing
support of middleware components.
- Define and maintain middleware standards and governance
including MQ and API administration and utilization.
- Utilize industry standard technologies & methods to insure the
integrity & recoverability of MQ based applications incl. but not
limited to: backup & recovery, clustering, security, patch
management, enterprise monitoring & performance tuning.
- Perform strategic analysis and design of MQ infrastructure and
makes recommendations on improvements and/or new systems required
to meet business needs and future capacity.
- Serve as technical resource to business analysts, solutions
development and other groups responsible for application
development standards, system design and integration.
- Maintain professional knowledge of WebSphere MQ hosted on AIX,
Linux, and Windows systems as required for the administration and
support of a large scale distributed environment
- Prepare and maintain professional documentation of server(s) /
application(s) / network configuration(s) as they relate to
middleware components and infrastructure.
- Ensure systems remain at operational excellence during
infrastructure improvements (hardware/software upgrades, server
migrations/consolidations, application deployment, etc.).
- Engineer solutions related to messaging that support and
enhance business operations with guidance from Enterprise Architect
Team and Technical Management.
- Provide 1st level technical support to IT Managers, DC Systems
Managers, Information Security Team and Application Development
- Participate in regular on call rotation, providing 24x7 support
meeting business SLAs.
- Provide technical leadership and mentor junior engineers
supporting them to achieve excellence in their fields of interest
Bachelors Degree,See Qualifications
Ability to handle stress and work well under pressure,Ability to
use MS Office,Ability to use PCManTech International Corporation,
as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an
equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression,
national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability,
status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active
Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services
Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position
with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact
ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an
affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities,
females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply.
ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement
agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal
opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept
resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled
veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are
unable or limited in your ability to use or access
http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of
your disability. To request an accommodation please click
email@example.com and provide your name and contact
Keywords: ManTech, Colorado Springs , Sr. Systems Administrator (MQ), IT / Software / Systems , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!