Software Engineer C2BMC - Entry Level
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: May 18, 2019
Colorado Springs,Colorado,United States
The C2BMC National Team provides technical solutions to the Missile
Defense Agency (MDA) on the Command, Control, Battle Management and
Communications (C2BMC) Program. C2BMC is the integrating element
for the Ballistic Missile Defense System and links various sensors
and weapon systems. The system provides capabilities to integrate
and synchronize missile defense systems and operations, providing a
layered defense against multiple ranges of threats and in all
phases of flight.
This position is located in Colorado Springs, CO OR Huntsville, AL.
It does not offer relocation assistance. Applicants must reside in
the area or be willing to relocate at their own expense.
This position requires candidate acceptance by industry partner
resource control board.
The Software Engineer will be key contributor to the design and
develop a Java-based C2BMC applications.
- This role will help generate software design artifacts,
implement software changes, support design and code reviews,
support software testing and resolution of issues arising from
- This role will develop software in a structured, process-based
integrated team environment.
- Works from specifications to develop or modify operating
- Assists with design, coding, benchmark testing, debugging and
documentation of programs.
- Interfaces with other system support groups to resolve
problems, setting standards and improving overall efficiency of the
- Designs, codes, tests and implements tools for operations
- Works on most phases of software systems programming
applications, and may require instruction and guidance in other
- Implement and maintain an integrated software development
environment across the two C2BMC software development sites
(Huntsville AL and Colorado Springs CO).
- This role may also work to develop and test innovative
solutions in support of advanced projects and experiments.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading
manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and
security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled
scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and
you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and
for the world.
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A
U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months
is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Technical Skills Required:
- Software engineering and software development with strong
Java/C++ experience. The candidate will have experience and
knowledge of basic software practices such as coding standards and
configuration management. The candidate must have knowledge of the
full life-cycle software engineering practices and procedures
applicable to large software systems to include hands on
application development experience or coursework.
- Background Experience Required:
- Experience in some or all of the following areas desired: -
Command and control system application development - Experience
with Software Integration testing - Strong problem solving skills,
including the ability to review performance, identify root cause
and recommend a solution. The successful candidate will have good
verbal and written communication skills, have the ability to work
independently and will possess the poise and flexibility required
to work in a highly dynamic environment. Applicant should have good
working knowledge of MS Office products.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- DoD 8570 certification at IAT Level II or higher (Security+,
GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA)
- Experience in Agile development methodologies is highly
- Experience developing enterprise applications.
- Familiarity with Java foundation classes and toolkits.
- Knowledge of server side/database development, computer system
administration; Net-centric, horizontal integration program
expertise is a plus.
- Use of common software development and management tools such as
Clearcase and Eclipse
- Understanding of standard system engineering design artifacts
such as Use Cases and SysML diagrams
- Experience implementing mathematical algorithms in source
- Understanding of the difference between white box and black box
- Understanding of software unit testing strategies, automated
software builds, continuous integration and continuous
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior Driven
Development (BDD) required.
- Hands on experience with software development and CM tools such
as Eclipse, ClearCase, CruiseControl, Hudson, Ant, Maven, Gradle,
Nexus, JUnit, Confluence, Spring, Collaborator, SonarQube, JIRA,
Jenkins, XText, Git, GitHub, Cucumber, and Fortify.
- Familiarity with Information Assurance (IA) implications and
processes, which is critical to the selection of applicable
products that meet the overall system sustainability is
Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree
with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree
from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer
science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred,
although not required, accreditation standard.
Missile and Weapon Systems
United States; The Boeing Company
Keywords: Boeing, Colorado Springs , Software Engineer C2BMC - Entry Level, IT / Software / Systems , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!