Company: Lockheed Martin
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Description:This requisition is for a LM Space Engineering & Technology Software Engineer, who will be a member of a team for development efforts in Colorado Springs supporting the Mission Solutions Line of Business and assist in executing alongside of a diverse team of software developers and systems engineers geographically dispersed between Colorado Springs and Valley Forge.
You will serve as a software developer for a team tasked with setting up an open architecture infrastructure and developing web services and user interfaces to meet mission needs. You should have background in software architecture/design/development in a cloud computing environment, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or OpenStack and java development. The development environment and infrastructure will leverage 5th generation languages, platforms and COTS/FOSS use. The languages, tools and frameworks used on this program incorporates leading edge full-stack technologies such as: Kubernetes, Rancher, GitLab, Java EE, Apache Ignite, node.js, and more. Experience with System of Systems Integration via machine-to-machine interfaces and integration of COTS/FOSS/GOTS is a major plus.
* Solid understanding of open architecture, cloud computing design, and security principles
* Experience designing and implementing web-based User Interfaces
* Advanced knowledge/experience with cloud technologies (e.g. Amazon Web Services or OpenStack)
* Demonstrated understanding / proficiency in application containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
* Experienced in common DevOps methodologies and knowledgeable in tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, GitLab, etc.
* Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
* Ability to communicate effectively and work in a collaborative environment
* Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI
* Current TS/SCI clearance with an SSBI within the last 5 years.
* Demonstrated experience working in Agile teams leveraging Scrum, Kanban or other methodologies and/or understanding of Agile development concepts
* Experience with test automation and continuous integration and deployment
* Experience developing and deploying apps to the cloud
* Experience in refactoring, rebuild, or redesign required during cloud migration activities
* Experience integrating disperse systems via machine-to-machine interfaces
* Experience with Open Architecture standards (e.g., OMS, UCI, etc.)
* Experience with System of Systems Integration via machine-to-machine interfaces
* Proven effective teaming skills (co-located and virtual)
* Experience developing applications on multiple platforms, e.g. Windows, Linux, OS X, etc.
* Strong background developing /debugging and/or testing of web applications and web services
* Mission Management, Resource Planning and Scheduling, Command and Control, Battle Field Management/Command and Control (BMC2) domain understanding
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Keywords: Lockheed Martin, Colorado Springs , Software Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!