Front-End Software Developer-Active Secret Clearance
Company: E&M Technologies, Inc.
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: May 24, 2023
*POSITION: Front-End Software Developer*
*WORK LOCATION: *Colorado Springs, CO
*JOB CATEGORY: Information Technology*
*JOB TYPE: *Full-Time
*REQUISITION ID: EM*09-155 NISSCII
*CITIZENSHIP: *United States Citizen
*CLEARANCE TYPE: Secret*
*TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: *None
E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
*E&M Technologies, Inc.* is currently seeking a *Front-End Software Developer *to join our team in Colorado Springs, CO in support of the North American Aerospace Defense Command. NORAD is a United States and Canada bi-national organization charged with the missions of aerospace warning, aerospace control and maritime warning for North America. Aerospace warning includes the detection, validation, and warning of attack against North America whether by aircraft, missiles, or space vehicles, through mutual support arrangements with other commands.
The Front-End Developer is responsible for coding user-side applications to support the modernization of C2 applications. Reviews existing applications and requirements. Develops software User Interface/User Experience (UI/UX) designs. Attends and contributes to Agile team meetings including daily stand-ups, sprint planning, and retrospectives. Develops high-quality, secure UIs. Communicates with user representatives to develop the overall look and design of a UI.
_Typical Duties Include:_
* Review existing applications and their associated requirements.
* Develop Graphic User Interfaces (GUIs) for C2 applications.
* Attend and contribute to Agile team meetings to include daily stand-ups, sprint planning, and retrospectives.
* Write high-quality, secure desktop and web-based UIs.
* Review software scan results and adjudicates findings.
* Develop and execute unit test cases.
* Create high-quality software documentation, to include, but not limited to, Software User Manuals, Software Design Documents, Software Installation Manuals, and Interface Control Specifications.
* Work with clients to develop the overall look and design of a UI.
* Test UIs for ease of use, speed, and other quality factors.
* Fix UI issues or bugs that arise.
* Help back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting.
* Mentor junior developers.
* Bachelor's Degree in a STEM-related discipline and 6 years of software UI development
* Active DoD 8570 cybersecurity certification (e.g., Security+ ce)
* Experience designing, implementing, and sustaining desktops and web-based UI applications
* Ability to use client input to create functional, creative and user-friendly webpages
* Experience developing technical solutions to meet defined requirements
* Detailed understanding of the Java programming language
* Experience working within an Agile development team and completing tasks on-time
* Experience performing Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) within a DevSecOps pipeline
* Experience developing Java build scripts using Node and/or Express
* Must be a U.S. Citizen
* Must have and be capable of maintaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) security clearance at the required level
* Understanding of Docker containers and Kubernetes
* Experience migrating monolithic applications to a microservices architecture
* Experience writing desktop UIs using Java FX
* Experience developing microservices using Java Spring Boot and Spring Cloud
* Experience in Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration Environments
* Experience working within a Kubernetes environment
* Experience working with DAST (Dynamic Application Security Testing) tools
* Experience working on CCIC2S applications
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Experience participating in and effectively contributing to a highly-collaborative team environment
* Demonstrated ability to be innovative and to work independently
*To Apply for this Position:*
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. Additional benefit details can be found on our website at _https://eandmtech.com/benefits_.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with *Executive Order 14042* (_https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/_) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $130,000.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Referral program
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* Bachelor's (Preferred)
* web based UI applications: 5 years (Preferred)
* DoD 8570 cybersecurity certification (Preferred)
* Secret (Required)
Work Location: One location
*POSITION: Front-End Software Developer*
Keywords: E&M Technologies, Inc., Colorado Springs , Front-End Software Developer-Active Secret Clearance, IT / Software / Systems , Colorado Springs, Colorado
here to apply!