Systems Administrator MID
Company: Advantis Government Solutions
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: January 20, 2023
System Administrator (TS Clearance required) - FTE - Colorado
About This Featured Opportunity
Shift work is required to support 24--7 operations. It is important
to be available to work any shift/designated hours required to
include nights, weekends and holidays on a modified Panama
The Systems Administrator, plans, implements, and maintains a
variety of communication servers, supporting hardware, and related
systems while utilizing GOTS and COTS software, Microsoft and Linux
- Providing specifications and other detailed information for
architectures, hardware, software, and system components
- Provide implementation techniques and tools for efficient
solutions to meet business needs including present and future
- Optimize server and virtual desktop resources for
- Evaluate new tools and communication technologies to enhance
CMSFS networks and security
- Maintain technical expertise in all areas of servers, system
interconnects, interfaces, back-ups, and associated hardware
- Perform STIG remediation of all critical findings; executing
downward directed Cyber orders (e.g. NOTAMs, IAVMs, Task Orders,
TCNOs, and MTOs)
- Create and manage VMware Horizon virtual desktop
infrastructures across all supported enclaves
- Create and manage VMware vSphere server infrastructures across
all supported enclaves
- Other duties as assigned
Certification: DoD IAT Level II or higher
- General understanding of DoD and COTS security-related
- Ability to prepare and track system vulnerability
- Troubleshooting skills covering all aspects of the OSI
- Interface effectively and efficiently with other teams,
departments, and agencies
- General understanding of Commvault data backup procedures,
retention, and restoral processes
- Ability to create and modify existing group policies
- General knowledge of VMware ESXi virtual environments
- Ability to patch/upgrade ESXi hosts and manage all aspects of
virtual servers and environments including but not limited to
provisioning of new servers, editing virtual server settings,
creating templates, and managing provisioned storage
- Understand Active Directory and be able to perform object
creation and modifications
- Create Security Groups and provide permissions as
- Knowledge of Linux and Microsoft operating systems as well as
various Microsoft services and applications including SCCM, SQL
DHCP, DNS, Print, and Windows Deployment Server (WDS)
- General knowledge of VMware virtual desktop environment (VMware
View Connection Server, vCenter server, vSAN Storage, Nutanix
software) and associated dependencies.
- Understanding of network topologies and protocols.
- Remedy trouble ticket experience and skills.
- Work will be performed inside a large facility. An inside
environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low
to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting).
- Work assignments vary based on client requirements.
- Work may include travel with the military to participate in
exercises in austere conditions
- Outside work may include various environmental conditions
including hot, dusty, cold, icy, and windy climates.
- Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required.
May require lifting and carrying boxes of supplies or files up to
25 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or
- May require climbing, working at heights, and in small confined
spaces such as under raised floors, inside closets, and server
racks. Must be able to sit, stoop, kneel or crouch for long periods
of time. Work in noisy areas with hotter and colder temperatures
than standard office environmental conditions. Lift and transport
equipment up to 50 pounds.
Equipment And Machines
- General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax
machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office
- Servers, switches, routers, and other computer equipment that
supports the network environment.
- Operating hand tools, power tools, ladders, and test
- May require operating motor vehicles.
Keywords: Advantis Government Solutions, Colorado Springs , Systems Administrator MID, IT / Software / Systems , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!