Director, Bank Agile Product Management (Rewards)
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are hiring 1 Director, Bank Agile Product
Management, Credit Card Rewards. This role will report to Tilsim
This role is mapped as a hybrid work type and will be based in one
of the USAA campus locations to include San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX,
Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL, Colorado Springs, CO or Charlotte, NC.
For any employee currently working in an approved remote location
an exception may be considered for this posting.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.
Job Description Summary
We are seeking a leader who is responsible for delivering solutions
for Credit Card Rewards using Agile methodologies to enable our
business to achieve results and add customer value. This leader
will partner and engage with senior leaders and stakeholders to
ensure product delivery aligns to the Bank's objectives and the
overall business strategy. As a leader, you will apply strong
business and technical acuity to your team(s) within the Bank to
achieve their goals. Makes funding allocation decisions to drive
end-user value. Ensures all work is completed in a compliant
manner.Job RequirementsPrimary Responsibilities
- Leads an agile team(s) assigned to developing solutions for
implementing the Bank's business objectives aligned to the
department and company strategy.
- Responsible for crafting and implementing policies and
processes for delivering agile methodologies that will meet
business results and are aligned to strategic business objectives
and required outcomes. Accountable for Team-of-Teams level
Objectives and Key Results (OKRs), as well as team-level OKRs;
empowers teams within the Bank to deliver business outcomes against
- Handles project assignments and prioritization of work for
Agile teams. Oversees deliverables to ensure they are progressing
in a timely manner and are aligned to objectives. Makes data driven
decisions as needed related to funding and prioritization.
- Leads positive team dynamics, encourages teamwork, and drives
achievement of goals and OKRs. Ensure assigned Bank projects are
completed within financial regulatory and compliance policies and
that risk issues identified are mitigated as required.
- Applies expert knowledge and removes escalated impediments to
the team's success and assists in conflict resolution, issue, and
- Coordinates, coaches, supports and guide leaders and teams in
Agile principles, values, and practices.
- Communicates to stakeholder's project status to include Senior
Leaders. Builds consensus with alliances across USAA.
- Assesses and partners with external partners to meet agreed
- Shares information about the portfolio's output and direction
with other Team of Team Leads and collaborators to ensure alignment
across the organization.
- Builds and coordinates a highly impactful and engaged team
through recruiting, developing, retaining, coaching, guiding,
performance management and managerial activities.
- Has management responsibility for some members of the Agile
team such as the Product Owner.Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree, OR 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a
- 8 years' experience in product development, process
improvement, project delivery, or business/requirements analysis
experience within a financial services organization.
- 3 years of direct team leadership experience or leading large
matrixed, cross-functional teams.
- Experience in marketing, strategy, digital, process, or user
experience design within a financial organization.
- Agile Scrum best practices and experience being a product owner
for a scrum team.
- Knowledge and experience of multiple technical software
delivery methodologies such as Agile, and SAFe.
- Experience analyzing business requirements, process flows and
use cases to find opportunities to streamline business processes
and drive decisions in accordance with risk management framework
and regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge and proven use of Process Engineering
- Comprehensive experience in applicable banking regulatory and
compliance policies.Preferred Experience:
- 8+ Years proven credit card industry experience.
- Experience owning overall strategy, technology, risk/process,
and financials for a business within the credit card industry to
meet customer needs over the product-market lifecycle.
- Experience leading a cross-functional team that is responsible
for an agile backlog.
- Experience developing a product vision and roadmap.
- Experience building business cases and presenting to senior
- Experience driving modern technology stacks (APIs, Micro
Services, Cloud etc.).The above description reflects the details
considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job
and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the
work requirements that may be performed in the
job.Compensation:USAA has an effective process for assessing market
data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You
are paid within the salary range based on your experience and
market position. The salary range for this position is: $135,200 to
$243,500.Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on
overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion
of the USAA Board of Directors.*Geographical Differential:
Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible
employees working in locations where market pay levels are above
the national average.Shift premium will be addressed on an
individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently
scheduled for non-core hours.Benefits:At USAA our employees enjoy
best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and
emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical,
dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental
benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid
holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness
programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education assists employees with their professional goals.To see
details on our outstanding benefits, visit Relocation assistance is
not available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Colorado Springs , Director, Bank Agile Product Management (Rewards), IT / Software / Systems , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!