Systems Administrator - ACEOPS (22-291)
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: August 6, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making history.The
Engineering organization pushes the boundaries of innovation,
redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various
sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills,
innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain
optimized product lines across the sector while providing a
decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our
mission!Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP) is looking for you to
join our team as a Systems Administrator - ACEOPS based out of
Schriever Air Force Base, Colorado Springs, CO.What You'll get to
- Primary responsibility is to work as a member of the ACEOPS and
development team to develop innovative solutions in support of
various projects and experiments.
- The candidate must also be able to act as a technical interface
to MDA working level counterparts on an as-required basis.
- Ability to work with the customer to understand the needs of
the project and find ways to satisfy those needs within the
- Due to the nature of the work, the details of project can not
be provided until the candidate is hired.Basic Qualifications:If
applicable, please note your updated security clearance and
IAT/relevant certifications on your resume.
- An active Secret clearance is required.
- 5 Years with Bachelor's degree in a related field; 9 years'
experience in lieu of a degree.
- Must possess a DoD 8570 certification at IAT Level II or higher
(Security+, GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA)
- The personnel must possess an understanding of:
- System software installation and troubleshooting
- Configuration files, locations, and modification
- Display settings and display information
- Communication interfaces
- Data logs and their contents
- Suite initialization and operations
- Linux System Administration knowledge
- Network methodologies, topologies, and interfaces
- The candidate should have an understanding of and possess
demonstrable skills including identification and definition of
desired system capabilities, fielding of new capabilities,
system-of-systems definition, integration practices and methods,
communicating the desired capabilities to a diverse group of
developers, engineers, subject matter experts, and users.
- Experience with network applications and networking concepts;
communication methods and message sets, and architectures.
- Candidates must have experience working in an integrated team
environment with other systems, software, and specialty engineers
to develop solutions using NTB processes and methods.
- Candidates must have experience containerization, on premises
cloud platforms, automation frameworks (Ansible preferred), Hyper
converged infrastructure.Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with Protection Layer 4 (PL4) devices and
methodologies is a plus.
- Experience in Ballistic Missile defense systems is highly
- Ability to analyze high level needs and through a structured
and logical approach refine the need into an integrated set of
requirements that leads to a fielded product.
- Able to write and implement engineering plans within a
- Previous experience should demonstrate the technical skills and
position responsibilities cited here.
- Previous experience with operating, configuring, and
maintaining the C2BMC GEM system is very highly desired.What We Can
Offer You:Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits
package and a work environment that encourages your growth and
supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop
Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the
benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your
benefits will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Flexible Work Arrangements
NGSpaceCOSpaceNGFeaturedJobsC2BMCAdditional Northrop Grumman
Information:" Salary Range: $68,100 USD - $102,100 USD Employees
may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay.
Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as
well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in
Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term
Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of
benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability
insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off
(PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The health and safety
of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company
encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19
vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in
the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical
or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions
and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor
vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Colorado Springs , Systems Administrator - ACEOPS (22-291), IT / Software / Systems , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!