Principal System Administrator - Level 1 Help Desk (22-314)
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: August 5, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making
history.Northrop Grumman Space Systems - Launch and Missile Defense
Systems has an exciting career opportunity for a System
Administrator - Level 1 Help Desk to join our team of qualified,
diverse individuals. This position will be located out of Schriever
Space Force Base, Colorado Springs, CO.Position Overview:Operate,
maintain and manage Linux based systems supporting a software
development environment. Responsible for the overall day-to-day
operations of the Windows/Linux environment and is responsible for
backup and recovery (to include disaster recovery) of system
- Ensure all data is being backed up on a regular basis
- Ensure backup system is functioning correctly and periodically
test the backup system by restoring files
- Respond appropriately to any system security/virus incident
- Install, configure, monitor, manage and maintain all Linux
based servers - Create and maintain Linux server documentation
- Create and maintain Linux system administration processes and
- Install, configure, manage and maintain Linux server based
- Ensure Linux based systems have the appropriate patches
installed; including but not limited to, security, applications and
- Ensure Linux based systems are running current versions of
antivirus software with current virus definition files
- Create, manage and maintain security groups
- Create, manage and maintain user accounts
- Monitor, manage and maintain storage systems and devices
- Create and maintain Windows/Linux server images
- Recommend system enhancements, including but not limited to,
servers, applications, storage, processes and procedures
- Recommend when additional system resources are required or when
existing resources should be retired
- Ensure all appropriate asset management functions are completed
- Ensure all Linux servers are configured to comply with all
appropriate security policies
- All other tasks as assigned by the IT site lead or IT
managerBasic Qualifications:If applicable, please note your updated
security clearance and IAT/relevant certifications on your resume.
- An active Secret clearance is required.
- 5 Years with Bachelor's degree in a related field; 9 years'
experience in lieu of a degree.
- Must possess a DoD 8570 certification at IAT Level II or higher
(Security+, GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA)
- Linux system administration, System Security Implementations,
Linux shell scripting, Ansible playbook development and management,
Security-Enhanced (SE) Linux and Red Hat repository
- Technical skills supporting a varied and diverse environment
including server setup, deployment and maintenance.
- Must also have a background/ knowledge of Linux environment and
- Must have working knowledge of Agile principles and
- Understanding of configuration managed Platform-as-a-Service
- Understanding of what IT's role is in Continuous Integration
and Delivery (CI/CD) and how it can be applied to PaaS.
- Knowledge with applying containers (Docker) and use of
container orchestration (Kubernetes).Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of the following: Security Technical Implementation
Guides (STIG) , Multi-Factor Authentication implementation like IPA
and ADFS, OpenShift, OpenStack, VMware ESXI, QAS/VAS, Windows,
Active Directory, Backup and Recovery, Containers and Container
- Knowledge of Git, Nexus, Jenkins, Jira and Confluence.
- Understand the concept of PaaS and SaaS.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery and
how it applies to IT and IT products.
- Container experience.
- Experience with LINUX Products (Red Hat LINUX) use of Atlassian
tools such as Confluence and Jira.What We Can Offer You:Northrop
Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work
environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual
success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits
give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that
make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will
include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Flexible Work Arrangements
NGSpaceCOSpaceNGFeaturedJobsC2BMCAdditional Northrop Grumman
Information:" Salary Range: $83,800 USD - $125,800 USD Employees
may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay.
Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as
well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in
Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term
Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of
benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability
insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off
(PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The health and safety
of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company
encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19
vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in
the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical
or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions
and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor
vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Colorado Springs , Principal System Administrator - Level 1 Help Desk (22-314), IT / Software / Systems , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!