Sr. Principal Software Engineer - Enterprise Services (22-285) - C2BMC
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: August 4, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making
history.Northrop Grumman Space Systems - Launch and Missile Defense
Systems has an exciting career opportunity for a Sr. Principal
Software Engineer - Enterprise Services to join our team of
qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located out
of Colorado Springs, CO. Position Overview: This position is for a
Sr. Principal Software Engineer on the Command and Control, Battle
Management, and Communications (C2BMC) program . The selected
candidate will be responsible for software development in the Java
language for the Enterprise Services team. Essential Functions:
- Under minimal direction, provide specialized expertise within
multiple systems, software disciplines, as well as general
knowledge of related disciplines, applications implications, and
- Responsible for performing in-depth analysis and technical
support of systems software products, including complex problem
resolution, design, development, testing, operational integration,
and user support.
- Maintains currency, debugs and configures related software
- Works from specifications to develop or modify operating
- Assists with design, coding, benchmark testing, debugging and
documentation of programs.
- Interfaces with other system support groups to resolve
problems, setting standards and improving overall efficiency of the
- Designs, codes, tests and implements tools for operations
- Works on most phases of software systems programming
applications and may require minor instruction and guidance in
- Leadership position on small software focused teams may be
required. Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering
or Mathematics) discipline preferred from an accredited university
and 9 years of related experience, or a Master's Degree in a STEM
discipline and 7 years of related experience, or a PhD and 4 years
of related experience, or 13 years of related experience in lieu of
- Software engineering and software development with strong
- Experience with common software development and management
tools such as maven, git/gitea, nexus and Eclipse.
- Ability and willingness to travel 10% to support business
- Applicants must have a current active in-scope U.S. Government
DoD issued Secret security clearance which is required to start.
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- Understanding of standard system engineering design artifacts
such as Use Cases and SysML diagrams.
- Experience and knowledge of software practices such as coding
standards, automated testing, automated build pipelines and
- Experience with C++ is a plus
- Experience developing enterprise applications on Linux (Windows
experience also desired)
- Extensive Experience with Java foundation classes and
- Small team leadership experience (Agile team leadership
strongly experience desired)
- Knowledge of server side/database development, computer system
- Net-centric, horizontal integration program expertise is a
- Security+ or equivalent strongly desired.
- Command and control system application development.
- Experience with Software Integration and formal testing.
- Knowledge and experience implementing Cyber Security/RMF
- Ability to present advanced concepts to non-software engineers,
including senior program and military leaders.
- Proven ability/experience to mentor and teach junior engineers.
Salary Range: $114,300 USD - $171,500 USD Employees may be eligible
for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses
are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow
employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President
or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In
addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including
health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings
plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation
and/or personal business. The health and safety of our employees
and their families is a top priority. The company encourages
employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S.
Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be
vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious
accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government
action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate
under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Colorado Springs , Sr. Principal Software Engineer - Enterprise Services (22-285) - C2BMC, IT / Software / Systems , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!