Sr. Principal Windows Systems Administrator
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: August 4, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making
history.Northrop Grumman Global Operations Security is seeking a
well-qualified Windows Administrator to join its dynamic team of
technical professionals on the Colorado Springs, CO Campus. Roles
and responsibilities include:
- Perform as a System Administrator for a classified government
- Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems,
including coordination with network, software, and system
engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and
customer and IT management.
- Ensure necessary administration tasks are completed; direct
others as necessary.
- Analyze internal or external customer requirements and
determine equipment and software requirements for solutions to
problems by means of automated systems.
- Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve
the performance and reliability of the system including installing,
upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and
- Provide backup and recovery services; manage file systems and
disk space; manage virus protection on a routine basis.
- Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file
permissions and security access lists.
- Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and
minimize user impact.
- Develop and document technical processes and procedures as
- Make recommendations to purchase hardware, software, system
- Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors;
evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
- Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all
- Maintain security audit and logging information on all
classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the
Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM). Prepare security
documentation for input to Computer Security.
- Report project status as required for all recurring and
- Works under minimal direction and independently determines and
develops approach to solutions.
- Lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Work after hours and weekends as needed.Basic Qualifications:
- Associate's degree and 11 years of experience OR Bachelor's
degree and 9 years of experience OR 13 years of related experience
in lieu of completed degree.
- IAM Level I certification (ex: Security+ CE) or greater or
ability to obtain with 6 months of start date
- Active Top Secret clearance
- Ability to be cleared to special access programs
- Experience managing Windows OS and domain architecturePreferred
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in IS related field
- Active DoD Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Experience managing Linux OS
- Currently valid Security+ CE, CASP, CISSP or similar security
- DoD 8570 Certification in a primary OS (Linux, Windows,
- Experience operating under and managing systems within NISPOM
Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG information
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining computer
hardware in a networked environment
- Server management
- Understanding basic networking, including subnets, routing, and
VLANs; Cisco experience and/or certification
- Windows AD, LDAP, VMWare, and knowledge of SAN storage
- VMWare experience with current version
- Knowledge of environmental monitoring tools (HBSS/Solar
- Rudimentary Scripting
- Creation and deployment of system images in an enterprise
- Experience with Certification & Accreditation
processESCSOESSysAdminSalary Range: $103,900 USD - $155,900 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to
base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be
eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman
provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage,
life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays
and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The
health and safety of our employees and their families is a top
priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on
their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be
required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved
disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future
court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed
federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Colorado Springs , Sr. Principal Windows Systems Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!