Software Engineer - Enterprise Services (22-302)
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: August 4, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making
history.Northrop Grumman Space Systems - Launch and Missile Defense
Systems has an exciting career opportunity for a Software Engineer
- Enterprise Services to join our team of qualified, diverse
individuals. This position will be located out of Colorado Springs,
CO. Position Overview: This position is for a Software Engineer on
the Command and Control, Battle Management, and Communications
(C2BMC) program . The selected candidate will be responsible for
software development in the Java language for the Enterprise
Services team. Essential Functions:
- Under appropriate direction, provide updates to multiple
systems, software disciplines, as well as general knowledge of
related disciplines, applications implications, and customer
- Responsible for performing analysis and technical support of
systems software products, including problem resolution, design,
development, testing, operational integration, and user
- Maintains currency, debugs and configures related software
- Works from specifications to develop or modify operating
- Assists with design, coding, benchmark testing, debugging and
documentation of programs.
- Interfaces with other system support groups to resolve
problems, setting standards and improving overall efficiency of the
- Designs, codes, tests and implements tools for operations
- Works on most phases of software systems programming
applications and may require minor instruction and guidance in
other phases. Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering
or Mathematics) discipline preferred from an accredited university
and 2 years of related experience, or a Master's Degree in a STEM
discipline and 0 years of related experience, or 6 years of related
experience in lieu of the degree.
- Software engineering and software development with strong Java
experience (C++ also desired).
- Experience and knowledge of basic software practices such as
coding standards and configuration management.
- Understanding of searching/sorting algorithms and data
- Ability and willingness to travel 10% to support business
- Applicants must have a current active in-scope U.S. Government
DoD issued Secret security clearance which is required to start.
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- Experience developing enterprise applications.
- Familiarity with Java foundation classes and toolkits.
- Knowledge of server side/database development, computer system
- Security+ or equivalent highly desired. Salary Range: $93,600
USD - $112,300 USD Employees may be eligible for a discretionary
bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to
reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share
in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director
positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition,
Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health
insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan,
Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or
personal business. The health and safety of our employees and their
families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to
remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop
Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated
or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation,
pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the
currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive
Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/
.Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Colorado Springs , Software Engineer - Enterprise Services (22-302), IT / Software / Systems , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!