Systems Administrator (Secret Clearance Required)
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: June 20, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products
and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has
opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space
exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting
multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a
culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining
Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and
protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the
future. Explore your future and launch your career today. The
Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries
of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives
advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing
the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and
sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a
decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our
mission!Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP) is looking for you to
join our team as a System Administrator based out of Colorado
Springs, Colorado.What You'll get to Do:
- Perform as a Red Hat Enterprise Linux System Administrator for
a large classified government contract.
- Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with
internal and external customers, in written and oral format.
- Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems,
including coordination with network, software, hardware, and system
engineers, end users, and customer and IT management.
- Support multiple networks.
- Ensure necessary administration tasks are completed.
- Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve
the performance and reliability of the system including installing,
upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and
- Provide backup and recovery services; manage file systems and
disk space; manage virus protection on a routine basis.
- Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file
permissions and security access lists.
- Develop and document technical processes and procedures as
- Make recommendations to purchase hardware, software, system
- Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors;
evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
- Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all
- Maintain security audit and logging information on all
classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the
Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO).
- Prepare security documentation for input to Computer
- Report project status as required for all recurring and
- Creation and deployment of system images in an enterprise
environment. Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of related experience or a
master's degree and 1 year of experience. Additional 4 years of
experience required in lieu of a degree.
- Active Secret clearance.
- Current Security + CE certification.
- Primary Systems Administration experience with Red Hat
Enterprise Linux platforms.
- Understanding basic networking, including subnets, routing, and
- Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed.
- Work under minimal direction and independently determine and
develop approach to solutions. Preferred Qualifications:
- Systems Administration experience with various Operating
Systems such as Microsoft Windows.
- Experience operating under and managing systems within NISPOM
Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG information
- Red Hat Linux and/or MS Windows Operating System certification
for current versions, Cisco experience and/or certification.
- Server Management
- Rudimentary Scripting.
- Experience with Certification & Accreditation process.
- DoD 8570 Certification in a primary OS (Windows, Linux, Cisco).
Salary Range: $68,100 USD - $102,100 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to
base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be
eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman
provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage,
life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays
and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top
priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on
their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be
required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved
disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future
court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed
federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Colorado Springs , Systems Administrator (Secret Clearance Required), IT / Software / Systems , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!