Northrop Grumman (DoD SkillBridge) Principal Systems Administrator Tier 1
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: June 20, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As one of the largest global security companies in the world,
Northrop Grumman is proud to help our nation's military personnel
make the transition to civilian careers. Approximately 1/4th of
Northrop Grumman's 90,000 employees self-identify as veterans, and
more than 1,600 are reservists.
The Northrop Grumman Military Internship Program (NG-MIP) is an
approved SkillBridge Program under Dept. of Defense Instruction
1322.29. The NG-MIP program is an opportunity for transitioning
service members to gain valuable civilian work experience through
an individual internship during their last 6 months of service, for
up to 180 days. The Northrop Grumman Military internship Program is
open to all ranks and experience levels. SkillBridge participants
are not eligible for compensation from Northrop Grumman, as they
continue to receive military compensation and benefits as
active-duty service members.
Responsibilities for this internship position are:
Northrop Grumman Corporation (NGC) has developed the Northrop
Grumman - Military Internship Program (DoD SkillBridge) utilizing
the DoDI guidance for SkillBridge. During this program the service
member will be on-site at his or her host company performing an
individual internship in an entry to mid-level career type role.
The service member will be on the job training supporting a work
schedule equivalent to 40hrs per week. Outlined below are the
Goals, Objectives, and Outcomes for the program.
Goals - Provide transitioning service members fellowship-style job
skills training during the last portion(s) of their military
commitment. This program is specifically designed to offer
internships that result in the potential to transition to a
full-time opportunity as the conclusion of the training. Interns
will serve as a pipeline for high-speed, motivated military
candidates into NGC.
Objectives - Service Members who complete the Intern program will
be highly-trained, capable, future employees that align to the
specific needs of the organization and are prepared to meet the NG
mission "Defining Possible" on Day 1. This program provides a
comprehensive internship experience including professional
development, networking with leadership, and training specifically
focused on NG leadership principles, company history,
customer/stakeholder engagement, product and service overview, and
core job responsibilities.
Outcome - Offer transitioning service member a rewarding
opportunity to join the Northrop Grumman team.
DoD SkillBridge Eligibility:
Has served at least 180 days on active duty
Is within 12 months of separation or retirement
Will receive an honorable discharge
Has taken any service TAPS/TGPS
Has attended or participated in an ethics brief within the last 12
Received Unit Commander (first O-4/Field Grade commander in chain
of command) written authorization and approval to participate in
DoD SkillBridge Program prior to start of internship.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is searching for an Engineer
Software/Principal Engineer Software Engineer/Data Scientist to
join our DevStar team of qualified, diverse individuals to support
the Sentinel Program. This role can be filled at Colorado Springs,
CO, Roy, UT or Huntsville, AL.
Scope of work for the Software Engineer:
--- Work with stakeholders to understand the dashboard requirements
and analyze data from different data sources
--- Data preparation/cleansing
--- Create data visualizations using Tableau
--- Support the design, develop, and document the data analytics
--- Automate the reporting metrics and mechanisms for the
--- Train and transfer the knowledge to junior engineers
--- Extract and analyze data from various data sources (e.g. Jira,
Jenkins, DOORS, etc.) using vendor specific APIs
--- Work includes Full Stack Software Development, including
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are
eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
- This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80
schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through
Thursday to take every other Friday off.Northrop Grumman Tactical
Space Systems Division is seeking a well-qualified Tier 1 Red Hat /
Windows Systems Administrator providing 50-70% On-Site and on Call
24x7 support to join its dynamic team of technical professionals in
Colorado Springs, CO.
Roles and responsibilities will include but may not be limited to:
- Provide assistance to fellow team members and end users in
investigation, diagnoses, and
- problem resolution in support of real-time spacecraft
- Work across disciplines to isolate issues between software,
firmware, and hardware, between
- software and operating systems, between networks and
applications, and between one-time
- events and recurrent systematic problems
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing to include, but
not limited to, creation of
- process documentation and How to Guides.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot and maintain network
- Provide feedback to the development and sustainment teams
leading to improvements in
- product stability and functionality.
- Perform overall administration of Windows client workstations
and the associated LINUX
- Perform as a Windows System Administrator for a classified
- Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems,
including coordination with
- network, software, and system engineers, PC desktop
technicians, project managers, end
- users, and customer and IT management
- Install, configure, and perform maintenance of virtual
environments to include virtualized
- servers and VDI Desktops.
- Analyze internal or external customer requirements and
determine equipment and software
- requirements for solutions.
- Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file
permissions and security
- access lists.
- Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all
- Work after hours and weekends as needed
- Oversee daily maintenance and Provide Tier 1 troubleshooting
and Support in OpenStack
- Assisting ISSM/ISSO with running security scans (ex ACAS)
- Assisting ISSM/ISSO with reviewing Splunk Security logsBasic
- Bachelor's IT degree with minimum of 6 years of experience OR
Master's degree with minimum of 4 year of experience or Associate's
IT degree and minimum 8 years of experience ( additional experience
may be considered in lieu of a degree)
- Must have U.S. Citizenship with a current or active Top Secret
level clearance and the ability to obtain SCI level access.
- Experience in LINUX (RHEL 7) Server Administration, OpenStack
Administration, and VMWare administration.
- Experience with Unix Power Scripting (BASH)
- Ability to follow a checklist or an established troubleshooting
routine for connection or software issues
- Familiar with the concepts of server and desktop
virtualization, or experience with low level administration of an
- Ability to document system configurations, create logical visio
diagrams of physical or network layout, write proceduresPreferred
- Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA)
- Extensive experience with DNS, Active Directory, GPO's, and
- Experience with Backup systems and methods.
- Experience supporting real-time operations, particularly
- Current Security + Certification Salary Range: $83,800 USD -
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to
base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be
eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman
provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage,
life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays
and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top
priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on
their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be
required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved
disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future
court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed
federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Colorado Springs , Northrop Grumman (DoD SkillBridge) Principal Systems Administrator Tier 1, IT / Software / Systems , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!