NETWORK ENGINEER DATA CENTER
? Network Engineer needed for the operation of a large Wide
Area/Local Area ?IP? Network which is built on MPLS backbone. This
WAN/LAN IP network supports various large scale service networks:
WSN (Wireless Service Network), Private EDN (Engineering Data
Network), RAN (Radio Access Network) and IT (Information
? The network is comprised of multi-vendor Routers, Ethernet
switches, and Load balancers (F5, A10 and etc.) which will need to
be configured to meet application requirements and project demands.
The individual will need to ensure the deployment of the new
hardware is in compliance with Verizon standards and best
practices. The candidate will need to create as-built documentation
at the end of project.
? The individual will need to generate precise methods of procedure
(MOPs) which will be implemented by the shift Operations team.
Individuals will need to support
complex changes if and when required by the Operations team.
? The individual will need to provide Management and network team
with daily/weekly/monthly network statuses on an as needed
? At times, the candidate will need to audit network elements for
alarming, configuration inconsistencies and optimization.
? As networking issues are discovered, the candidate will need to
submit method of procedures (MOPs) and change controls to resolve
? Provide 3rd tier technical support to Operations team
? BACHELOR OF SCIENCE in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science,
or any other related discipline (REQUIRED-NO EXCEPTION).
? CCNP or JNCIP Preferred
? Minimum 5 years of experience in data networking and
telecommunications, including expert knowledge of TCP/IP and
working ?hands on? knowledge
of Routing and Ethernet Switching.
? Minimum 5 years hands-on experience configuring routers,
switches, and related network equipment.
- Routers : Cisco (CRS1, 12K, 10K, 750x, 380x), Juniper M Series
- Switches : Cisco (6500, Nexus) Juniper (EX and M series)
- Load balancers Experience will be plus (CSS, ACE, F5, A10)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in IPv4 and IPv6 addressing and
- Routing Protocols : BGP, OSPF
- WAN: PPP, MPLS
- Experience with Cabling Plants
- Knowledge of SecureID, TACACS and radius
- Strong network design, configuration and troubleshooting skills
- Strong project management skills required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and
- Strong understanding of the OSI Interconnect model and how it
relates to the design and deployment of structured networks
- Ability to handle multiple projects required
- Good Visio skills is required
- Technical & Project Implementation presentations may be
periodically required for Engineering Department
If you are interested in this position please click on Apply Now to
After applying please be sure to follow up directly with me,
Heather Shollenberger at 631-844-7003 to discuss this opportunity
Equal Opportunity Employer