Military Fellowship - Workflow Solutions Architect
Company: Verizon Communications
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: November 22, 2021
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications,
information and entertainment products, transforming the way we
connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven
by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better
future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
This opportunity is for Military personnel who are current
participants of the Department of Defense SkillBridge Program or
are participants of the Hiring Our Heroes Corporate Fellowship
Program Cohort 1-2022.
The Workflow Architect will be strongly aligned with specific US
Solution Architect teams to deliver high quality solutions for our
customers, inclusive of RFP/RFI responses, solution designs, design
validation, proposal readiness, and design approvals.
The Workflow Architect will also drive revenue through the day to
day activities of network upgrades and enhancements required by the
customers they support. This position requires frequent interaction
and alignment with supporting teams including quoting, engineering
specialists, network planning, product management, custom design,
order management, and service delivery.
The Workflow Architect should be passionate about their work,
self-motivated, detail oriented, and have the ability to meet
deadlines, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and to work in
a fast-paced dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will require
excellent written/verbal communications skills, and will also
require superb matrix management and leadership skills.
In addition the Workflow Architect will look for areas of process
simplification, improvement, and automation.
What we're looking for...
- Must be a current participant of the Department of Defense
SkillBridge Program or of the Hiring our Heroes Corporate
Fellowship Program Cohort 1-2022.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or four or
more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of experience as a technical sales engineer
in an IT infrastructure environment or equivalent experience in a
Client-facing or IT staff role (including working as a member of a
professional services or IT engineering team).
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams to meet
- Experience with networking concepts including: software defined
networking, routing, VPNs, load
- balancers, and firewalls.
- Knowledge of data and information security - especially as it
relates to issues within businesses.
- High level of working knowledge of Visio, MS Office (Excel,
PowerPoint, Word, etc.), Salesforce, Google Suite, etc.
- Detail-oriented, results driven, strong interpersonal and
- Willing to work in a remote office environment with relative
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills with the ability to
gather and organize data and develop recommendations.
- Willingness to travel.
- Valid driver's license.
Even better if you have:
- MA/MS degree in engineering or computer science.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new
emerging technologies, methodologies and solutions in the cloud/IT
- Experience running multiple projects or deals under tight
- Successful delivery with matrixed reports in a cross discipline
- Financial analysis experience (ROI, cost analysis, business
case development, etc.)
- Wireless (LTE and 5G) experience, including Edge Compute
- Security, architecture, or industry certifications such as AWS
Solution Architect, Certificate of Cloud, TOGAF, ITIL, Azure,
ServiceNow, Kubernetes, Security Knowledge (CCSK), CompTIA
Security+, Cisco Certified Design or Network Associate, ITIL
Foundations, or similar.
- Experience presenting and delivering technical pitches.
- Experience architecting and developing software or
infrastructure for scalable, distributed systems.
- Experience in two or more of the following areas: Software
Defined Networking (SDN), IT infrastructure and systems security,
cloud or network systems management, and business continuity.
- Ability to drive ideation and execution around areas for
process improvement and automation with both internal and external
organizations as needed.
- Experience architecting and developing LAN/WAN or large
infrastructure and network solutions for enterprise customers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our
employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Keywords: Verizon Communications, Colorado Springs , Military Fellowship - Workflow Solutions Architect, IT / Software / Systems , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!