Sr. Principal Software Engineer - Enterprise Services Sec+ (21-055)
Company: CLEARED CONNECTIONS
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Security Clearance Jobs for Defense and Intelligence Careers Sr.
Principal Software Engineer - Enterprise Services Sec+ (21-055)
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products
and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has
opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space
exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting
multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a
culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining
Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and
protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the
future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that
preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching
the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early
beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of
history, they're making history.
The Engineering organization pushes the boundaries of innovation,
redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various
sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills,
innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain
optimized product lines across the sector while providing a
decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our
Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP) is looking for you to join
our team as a Senior Principal Software Engineer based out of
Colorado Springs, CO.
What You'll get to Do:
- This position is for a Software Engineer on the C2BMC
- The candidate will be responsible for software development in
the Java language for the Enterprise Services team.
- Under minimal direction, provides specialized expertise within
multiple systems, software disciplines, as well as general
knowledge of related disciplines, applications implications, and
- Responsible for performing in-depth analysis and technical
support of systems software products, including complex problem
resolution, design, development, testing, operational integration,
and user support.
- Maintains currency, debugs and configures related software
- Works from specifications to develop or modify operating
- Assists with design, coding, benchmark testing, debugging and
documentation of programs.
- Interfaces with other system support groups to resolve
problems, setting standards and improving overall efficiency of the
- Designs, codes, tests and implements tools for operations
automation. Works on most phases of software systems programming
applications, and may require minor instruction and guidance in
- Leadership position on small software focused teams may be
If applicable, please note your updated security clearance and
IAT/relevant certifications on your resume.
- An active Secret clearance is required.
- 9 Years with Bachelor's degree in a related field; 13 years'
experience in lieu of a degree.
- Must possess a DoD 8570 certification at IAT Level II or higher
(Security+, GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA)
- Software engineering and software development with strong
- The candidate will have experience and knowledge of software
practices such as coding standards, automated testing, automated
build pipelines and configuration management.
- Candidate must have excellent oral and written communication
skills and an ability to work effectively in a rapid paced, team
- Use of common software development and management tools such as
maven, git/gitea, nexus and Eclipse.
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- Understanding of standard system engineering design artifacts
such as Use Cases and SysML diagrams.
- Experience implementing mathematical algorithms in source
- The successful candidate will have good verbal and written
communication skills, have the ability to work independently and
will possess the poise and flexibility required to work in a highly
- Applicant should have good working knowledge of MS Office
products. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience developing enterprise applications on Linux (Windows
experience also desired)
- Extensive Experience with Java foundation classes and
- Small team leadership experience (Agile team leadership
strongly experience desired)
- Knowledge of server side/database development, computer system
- Net-centric, horizontal integration program expertise is a
- Strong problem solving skills, including the ability to review
performance and operational issues, identify root cause, recommend,
design and implement a solution.
- Command and control system application development
- Experience with Software Integration and formal testing
- Knowledge and experience implementing Cyber Security/RMF
- Ability to present advanced concepts to non-software engineers,
including senior program and military leaders
- Proven ability/experience to mentor and teach junior
- Flexibility and willingness to take on unanticipated tasking
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a
work environment that encourages your growth and supports the
mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman
benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the
benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your
benefits will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Flexible Work Arrangements
Salary Min: $114,080
Salary Max: $171,120
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to
base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of
benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability
insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off
(PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. Learn about Northrop
Grumman Total Rewards and Benefits.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions. How to apply Employer
provided a link where your application will be accepted. Click on
the link below and follow instructions.
Keywords: CLEARED CONNECTIONS, Colorado Springs , Sr. Principal Software Engineer - Enterprise Services Sec+ (21-055), IT / Software / Systems , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!