Senior Software Engineer
Company: Analog Devices
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: April 2, 2021
Analog Devices (NASDAQ: ADI) designs and manufactures
semiconductor products and solutions. We enable our customers to
interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the
physical and digital worlds with unmatched technologies that sense,
measure and connect. Are you an accomplished software engineer who
wants to continue growing while taking on big challenges? Join our
extraordinary software team to help us re-imagine and build
world-class tools that make a real difference for electrical
engineers. As a key player in our fast-growing, creative,
high-energy team your contributions will shape the future as we
grow our team and deliver the best work of our careers. We
consciously create our work environment around the key principles
of trust and empowerment. You'll be highly engaged with an
extraordinary team, working together to tackle important problems,
make meaningful contributions, and grow both individually and as a
team. Work is a big part of your life, and it should work -=for
you=-, but work is not the only thing in life. We believe balance
is key, and we help our people find a healthy balance in work and
life. The role is based in Colorado Springs, Colorado where our
technical professional life is met with great outdoor opportunities
found in the Rocky Mountains. Colorado Springs was recently ranked
the 2nd best travel destination for remote work in the USA by
RENTCaf--, based on several factors including coronavirus infection
rates, population size, internet speed, cost of living and others.
Our team is thriving and working 100% remotely in these challenging
times right now, but when it is convenient to move, we offer--a
competitive relocation package. As a Senior Software Engineer,
command of agile software practices, OOP design patterns, and
technical leadership and communications skills are musts.
Occasional travel is expected for team building, training
opportunities and interfacing with our world class group of field
applications engineers. As our ideal candidate, you bring a passion
for solving important problems with software in ways that leave
users delighted and amazed. You have a demonstrated track record of
standing up sustainable, best-in-class software solutions. Your
hard-won experience, combined with a keen growth mindset guides you
to take calculated risks that drive essential learning, unlocking
powerful opportunities along the way. Your enthusiasm is
contagious. You know how to work powerfully together on a team.
Essential Skills and Competencies:
- BS (or MS) degree in CS (or related degree) with 5-10+ years of
experience developing commercial software
- Strong command of OOP design patterns
- Strong experience C# / .NET
- Debugging and diagnosing issues in complex hardware and
- A passion for bringing an outside-in perspective to daily
- Demonstrated ability to solve common needs across larger groups
through reusable components
- Looks for opportunities to collaborate across projects and
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and focus resources against
the most important and valuable problems
- Experience applying agile software engineering practices in a
- Source Control -- GIT, TFS, Subversion, etc.
- Defect Tracking -- JIRA, Bugzilla, etc.
- TDD, CI/CD, code scanning, mentoring, architecture/design/code
reviews, and knowledge sharing Preferred Skills:
- Ability to optimize code in a multi-threaded application
- Experience with real-time scientific data visualization
- Familiarity using performance and memory profilers
- Working knowledge of UI/UX design concepts.
- Comfort level and desire to grow skills in modern web apps and
- Basic understanding and practice with web APIs, front-end
frameworks, & services.
- i.e. Nodejs, Angular, React, Vue, NPM, etc.
- Strong familiarity with C / C++
- Experience with embedded platforms/systems development
- Strong fundamentals in embedded firmware.
- The ability to motivate and inspire the best in others #LI-FT1
For positions requiring access to technical data, Analog Devices,
Inc. may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S.
Department of Commerce - Bureau of Industry and Security and/or the
U.S. Department of State - Directorate of Defense Trade Controls.
As such, applicants for this position - except US Citizens, US
Permanent Residents, and protected individuals as defined by 8
U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) - may have to go through an export licensing
review process. Analog Devices, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity
Employer Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Education Level:
Bachelor's Degree --
Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time Email This Job To access this
job from another device, Email this information to yourself. Get
tailored job recommendations based on your interests. 1995 - 2019
Analog Devices, Inc. All Rights Reserved If you don't see a fit
right away, Join our Talent Community so we can learn about your
interest and reach out with relevant opportunities.
Keywords: Analog Devices, Colorado Springs , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!