Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Business Group Highlights DefenseThe Defense group supports the
Department of Defense (DoD) mission to keep our homeland and its
citizens safe. We provide solutions to improve the Nation's defense
by providing software, systems engineering, IT, training and
logistics and fleet management solutions.
ResponsibilitiesParticipates as a member of and leads software
development team. Oversees system engineering and software
development activities. Develops engineering specifications.
Designs solutions for others to develop. Participates in
cross-functional team. Leads design activities. Provides mentoring
and guidance to developers. Technical representative to the
Airforce customer. Demonstrates technical leadership and exerts
influence outside of immediate team. Develops innovative solutions
to complex business and technology problems. Contributes to
strategic direction for the engineering team. Applies in-depth or
broad technical knowledge across one or more technology areas.
Applies technologies to complex software solutions of moderate
complexity. Integrates technical expertise and business
understanding to create superior solutions for the customer.
Consults with team members and other organizations, clients and
vendors on complex issues. Assigns work to others. Technical
leadership of assigned project. Provide time / resource estimates
for assigned projects. Configures and supports software development
environment and tools. Must be a . Work location in Chantilly
Virginia or Colorado Springs, Colorado. Remote work
- Cloud Services (Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services)
- Continuous Integration & Delivery Pipelines (Jira, Jenkins, VS
Code, BitBucket, JFrog, Ansible, Tower, Satellite, OpenShift)
- Automated Testing (Pester, Molecule, SonarQube, QA
- Continuous Security
- Database experience (SQL, noSQL, and/or Graph)
- Streaming Data Technologies (NiFi, Kinesis, Kafka, Storm, or
similar) QualificationsEXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 5+ years experience writing code using languages such as Java,
C, C++, C#
- 3+ years deploying applications to a cloud environment.
- 3+ years installing DevSecOps pipeline software tools needed
for Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) of developed
- Demonstrated experience with modern software design and
- Demonstrated experience with SW approaches to Cloud enabled
- Demonstrated experience implementing a software development
methodology, Agile Scrum Preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with modern SCM (software configuration
- Demonstrated experience with testing tools and unit test and
integration test scripting, and testing methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience implementing an Integrated Development
Environment (e.g., Eclipse, Visual Studio).
- Understanding of Database Administration and interfaces.
- Able to define quality and security standards.
- Good verbal and written communication and negotiation
- General project management/team leader skills.
- Ability to work effectively with clients and
- Demonstrated technical leadership skills.EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Bachelor of Computer Science or IT related fieldPREFERRED
- Experience with development for DOD and Airforce customers
- Expert Knowledge of DoD Risk Management Framework
- AWS cloud certification
- Experience with programming languages: Fortran, C, Matlab,
Shell scripts, Perl, Python, HTML Salary Minimum: $85,155.20 Salary
Maximum:$182,020.80 The estimate displayed represents the typical
salary range for this position, and is just one component of
Perspecta's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards
may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and
program-specific awards. In addition, Perspecta provides a variety
of benefits to employees. About Perspecta What matters to our
nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from
conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships,
supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our
company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all
parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT
strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering. Our
promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex
challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than
48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just
that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector. Perspecta is
an AA/EEO Employer - All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status. As a government
contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provisionPay
Transparency Nondiscrimination ProvisionThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
- provided by Dice
Keywords: Perspecta, Colorado Springs , Software Architect, IT / Software / Systems , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!