System Administrator III
Company: Abacus Solutions Group
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Abacus Solutions Group: We're built on our shared core values!
We are difference-makers, passionate about serving, we work hard
with integrity and do the right thing. Difference makers means that
we look at every opportunity as a chance to make a difference.
Passionate about serving means that we are always looking for ways
to serve our customers and coworkers. Working hard and doing the
right thing with integrity means that for every decision we make we
1st ask "Is the decision consistent with our moral and ethical
principles". We hire, review, reward and recognize our teammates
based on these characteristics, so it is important that you share
these values to be part of the team. Position Description: We're
hiring for a System Administrator III to work in Colorado Springs,
CO. In this role you will be supporting a US Air Force Space
Project. You'll become a team member in a Service Center that'll
provide premier front line support. You'll have an immediate effect
on the warfighting efforts of our nation to maintain U.S. space
dominance.Pay and Benefits: We offer a top tier salary with a full
benefits package to include medical, dental, employer matching
retirement plan, and more! Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage in 24x7x365 mission operations support.
- Perform high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance,
support, and upgrades for complex operating systems, workstations
- Coordinate, direct and perform complex software installations
and upgrades to operating systems and layered software
- Schedule installations and upgrades and maintains them in
accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Continually monitor and tune multiple systems to achieve
optimum performance levels.
- Ensure workstation/server data integrity by evaluating,
implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware
solutions of varying complexities.
- Ensure data/media recoverability by developing and implementing
a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
- Plans and implement the modernization of servers.
- Develops, implements and promotes standard operating procedures
- Conduct hardware and software audits of workstations and
servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies,
and configuration guidelines.
- Develop and implement new standards, policies, and
- Work closely with Network and Systems Analysts to help
determine and develop the systems that will be implemented.
- Oversee first line of contact service desk technicians who
support resolution of Customer technical issues and questions;
supporting local and remote users via various channels such as
telephone calls, walk-up, chat, email, and online requests.
- Follow Service Center documented policies and procedures.
- Identify, diagnose, resolve where practicable and communicates
with higher Tier personnel to address problems with hardware,
connectivity, network infrastructure, computer systems, as well as
proprietary and commercially available software utilizing technical
skills, historical database records, and knowledge base
- Route tickets to product line, application, system support or
engineering development specialists, requiring clearly documented
descriptions of customers request and any troubleshooting
- Maintain and update records in the Incident Management system
to ensure closed loop issue resolution, incorporation of lessons
learned and adoption of corrective actions in coordination with
development engineering teams.
- Engage in shift work; required to be on call to address issues
which includes the need for flexibility in work hours.DoD Security:
- Position is only open to s
- Must have fully active/adjudicated Top Secret SCI
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience performing computer
hardware/software installation, maintenance, anomaly
- Prior experience in a support or help desk environment
- Strong working knowledge of the latest Windows and Linux client
and server operating systems
- Experience with VMware data center virtualization and VDI
- Proven hardware/software troubleshooting experience
- Proven experience providing effective and professional
- Proven ability addressing technical issues via in-person,
telephone, email, and chat
- Experience with common software and operating systems
- Availability to be fix and resolve critical issues at all times
of the dayPreferred Skills/Knowledge/Experience:
- Experience with SAP
- Experience with Agile Methodology; Preferably Scaled Agile
- Knowledge Cisco networks, Cisco unified computing systems, Palo
Alto firewalls, VPN software, cloud platforms (i.e. AWS), and IE 8
and higher other commonly used commercial productsRequired
- Must have a DoD 8570 Level II Certification such as the CompTIA
- Prefer Additional Certifications in either Networking or System
Administration such as: CCNA, MCSE, or VCA for example
- Bachelor's degree in a related field of study such as Computer
ScienceWe are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law
poster is available here . - provided by Dice
Keywords: Abacus Solutions Group, Colorado Springs , System Administrator III, IT / Software / Systems , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!