Senior Software Engineer - C2BMC
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: January 16, 2020
The Boeing Company has an exciting opportunity for a Senior
Software Engineer to join one of our dynamic teams at Colorado
Springs, CO,Schriever AFB, CO, or Huntsville, AL.The C2BMC National
Team provides technical solutions to the Missile Defense Agency
(MDA) on the Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications
(C2BMC) Program. - C2BMC is the integrating element for the
Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) and links various sensors
and weapon systems. The system provides capabilities to integrate
and synchronize missile defense systems and operations, providing a
layered defense against -multiple ranges of threats and in all
phases of flight.This position requires candidate acceptance by
industry partner resource control board.Position
ResponsibilitiesThe Senior Software Engineer will be key
contributor to the design and develop a Java-based C2BMC
applications. - This role will generate software design artifacts,
implement software changes, support design and code reviews,
support software testing and resolution of issues arising from
software testing. This role will develop software in a structured,
process-based integrated team environment. - This role will also
develop and test innovative solutions in support of advanced
projects and experimentsTypical Education / ExperienceDegree and
typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9
or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years'
experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor,
Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of
study, in -engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or
chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required,
accreditation standard.Basic Qualifications (Required
- This position requires an active Current Secret U.S. Security
Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the
past 24 months is considered active.)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in software
developmentPreferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
- DoD 8570 certification at IAT Level II or higher (Security+,
GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA)
- Experience in full life cycle software development of
Java-based applications and systems.
- Hands-on development experience for Java-based applications in
a UNIX/Linux platform environment.
- Able to develop JAVA software, and translate requirements into
software design. Previous experience with the Eclipse IDE.
- Able to understand and decompose requirements to support
verification and validation testing of software components.
- Able to generate detailed, repeatable test procedures.
- Able to perform Agile Development.
- Working knowledge of Ballistic Missile Defense concepts, Battle
Management and Command and Control (BM/C2) systems, defense
communications systems, and the BMDS in general is a plus
- Implementation of interfaces using XML, Link 16, DIS/HLA or
similar message sets
- Integration of COTS products to produce end-user
- Implementation of graphical user interfaces (GUIs)
- Command and control system application development
- Experience with MatLab as an analysis tool and scripting
languages such as Perl and Python Element specific Modeling and
- Use of common software development and management tools such as
Clearcase and Eclipse.
- Understanding of standard system engineering design artifacts
such as Use Cases and SysML diagrams.Relocation assistance is not
available and is not a negotiable benefit.At Boeing we are all
innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire.
From the seabed to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing
to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Keywords: Boeing, Colorado Springs , Senior Software Engineer - C2BMC, IT / Software / Systems , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!