PCP-Independent life Skills Trainer/Certified Brain Injury Specialist
Company: Discover Goodwill
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: March 16, 2019
OBJECTIVE: Work with the Your Life Your Way Scheduling Supervisor, ILST Supervisor and Brain Injury Manager to provide daily assistance and Homemaker, Personal Care and ILST/CBIS work in the homes of clients that Your Life Your Way serves. QUALIFICATIONS The incumbent must meet one of the following qualifications in order to be considered for the positon.
- Licensed health care professional with experience in providing functionally based assessments and skills training for individuals with disabilities, or
- A Bachelor's degree with one year of experience working with individuals with disabilities, or
- An Associate's degree in a social service or human relations area with two years of experience working with individuals with disabilities, or
- Currently enrolled in a degree program directly related to but not limited to special education, occupational therapy, therapeutic recreation, and/or teaching with at least three years of experience providing services similar to ILST services, or
- Four years direct care experience teaching or working with individuals with a brain injury or other cognitive disability either in a home setting
- A valid Colorado driver's license without a history of violations, current automobile insurance and vehicle are also required. The incumbent is required to have valid Colorado state driver's license and will be subject to a comprehensive criminal and motor vehicle background check. The incumbent is required to have a smart phone and internet access to obtain important information relevant to the program and care of clients assigned. The incumbent will provide care in a client's home working closely with the client to develop and fulfill activities of daily living goals. The incumbent will exhibit patience, empathy, and overall knowledge of traumatic brain injuries and recovery. The incumbent must complete continuous education annually in order to maintain compliancy. The incumbent will provide care with the utmost safety of the client and themselves in mind. The incumbent will identify any types of safety hazards that may exist in the client's home or while providing care including but not limited to, physical, ergonomic, chemical, biological and work organization safety. Any safety risks found will be addressed with the supervisor and client and develop a safety plan when needed. KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS Program Management The incumbent must be able to relate to clients, families and co-workers in a courteous and diplomatic manner. Experience in the homecare field providing Homemaking, Personal Care or ILST/CBIS training a plus. The incumbent must also demonstrate excellent customer service skills, phone skills, and de-escalation techniques and must be flexible and have the ability to communicate professionally with all types of individuals, cultures and lifestyles to ensure the utmost quality of care and respect to clients assigned. The incumbent will fulfill other job duties as assigned.. Client/Program Tracking and Reporting The ILST/CBIS will complete time keeping accurately and punctually, complete ILST/CBIS paperwork on a weekly and monthly basis and have regular communication with Brain Injury Coordinator. The incumbent will complete incident reports as required and report important changes with the client or within their environment to their supervisor immediately. Relationship Management The ILST/CBIS will involve individual or family members in all activities whenever possible , encourage individual independence in the performance of all tasks, communicate in a timely manner and keep the Coordinator informed of progress, considerations and any pertinent information regarding the client's care. The ILST/CBIS will also utilize own talents, skills and interests to help form a relationship with each client and seek guidance when needed. The incumbent will deal effectively and calmly with non-routine situations following accepted guidelines. The incumbent will perform the duties as required, in particular, participate in staff meetings, trainings and maintain good working knowledge of Your Life Your Way and Goodwill Industries policies and procedures. Research and Industry Involvement The ILST/CBIS is required to keep skills updated and attend conferences and meetings to expand knowledge and skills and maintain compliancy.
Keywords: Discover Goodwill, Colorado Springs , PCP-Independent life Skills Trainer/Certified Brain Injury Specialist, Human Resources , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!