Company: NBH Bank
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: February 13, 2019
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following sets forth the primary responsibilities of this job, but is not an exhaustive list. The Bank, through its managers and supervisors, reserves the right to assign any additional duties necessary to meet the needs of our clients, associates and/or shareholders.
* Oversee the payroll function for the Bank including all subsidiary banks encompassing over 1,300 associates in multiple states and local jurisdictions. Ensure timely and accurate payroll processing including administration of associate/employer benefit and tax deductions, accuracy of data reporting, and accurate distribution of payroll related fund.
* Provide oversight of time tracking records for completeness and accuracy including engagement with supervisors for missed time, time approvals, etc. Provide training, as needed, to supervisors on use of time and attendance system to ensure time approvals by established deadlines.
* Research payroll issues/discrepancies and drives the process to reach resolution in a timely manner including overseeing any necessary corrections; ensure Human Resources is kept informed of related issues. Advise management of critical and/or jeopardy issues and works collectively for problem assessment and resolution.
* Prepare payroll and General Ledger reports on a per pay period basis as well as monthly, quarterly, and annual basis and provides to Finance and Accounting department. Coordinate with Finance and Accounting regarding general ledger accounts, bank reconciliations, and other payroll functions related to tracking and reporting; manages journal entries and account reconciliations.
* Assist Payroll Manager as directed with monthly, quarterly, and annual tax reporting for Federal, State, and Local payroll taxes including vendor management with HR/Payroll system provider/tax services support team including year-end processes.
* Assist Payroll Manager as directed with preparing all payroll related documents (i.e., invoices for overpayment, retirement plan transfers, stop payments, W-2s).
* Create and prepare routine and ad hoc reports for management including but not limited to gross payroll, hours worked, vacation and time off, accruals, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.
* Ensure compliance with all applicable Federal, State, and Local payroll laws and regulations including Federal wage and hour laws and tax regulatory requirements. Maintains current knowledge of regulatory requirements affecting payroll functions and responsibilities.
* Review exceptions and missing punch reports and contact supervisors/managers, as needed, to make corrections.
* Perform per-pay-period time card audits.
* Oversee and maintain associate information in Human Resources Information System for time and attendance.
* Answer payroll and time and attendance inquiries as they arise.
* Process payments and produce check as necessary on terminations or other adjustments that may be required.
* Prepare various journal entries and account reconciliations.
* Complete payroll portion of unemployment requests and any verification of employment received by the department.
* Serve as a backup for verifying associate data changes per pay period to ensure compliance and following internal dual control for FDICIA (Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation Improvement Act) and audit purposes.
* Complete monthly United Way contributions and send to accounts payable to process.
* Maintain current knowledge and consistent compliance with regulations and bank policies and procedures related to the position, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) requirements.
* Interact with others (co-workers, management, clients, and vendors) in a professional and tactful manner including treating them with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
EDUCATIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Required: This position requires the following educational and/or job experience:
* 2+ years of payroll processing experience in a multi-site, multi-state payroll environment.
* Experience using an electronic payroll processing system, either in-house or third-party.
* Associate's degree or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
* Experience with Ceridian DayForce.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: The following is intended to give an overview of the requirements of the position, but is not an exhaustive list.
* Proven detail-oriented and problem-solving skills including strong analytical ability to synthesize and communicate complex information.
* Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high level of accuracy; ability to prioritize competing demands and effectively manage multiple tasks and/or projects.
* Self-directed and motivated to accomplish tasks, meet objectives and committed timelines.
* Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate issues.
* Strong customer service skills with the ability to interact in a professional manner with both internal and external customers.
* Proficient in MS Office applications including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The following is intended to give an overview of the work environment of the position, but is not an exhaustive list.
* Office setting with traditional work hours.
* Must be able to work at a rapid pace for long periods of time (typically no longer than 8 hours).
* Must be able to push, pull, pull up, bend at the knees and waist, twist body at the waist, raise and hold arms overhead, turn head-neck-shoulders as needed, grasp and hold tools and other items with hands, for either extended periods of time or many times throughout the workday.
* Must be able to work overtime to the extent necessary.
The Bank is committed to providing qualified applicants and associates reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable the individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job. An applicant and/or associate requiring reasonable accommodation to perform any essential job function, should contact Human Resources.Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.
Keywords: NBH Bank, Colorado Springs , Payroll Coordinator, Human Resources , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!