Senior Payroll Specialist
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business,
design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams,
on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40%
year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world's largest fully remote
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a
support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction,
and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never
afraid to break the mold.
As a Senior Payroll Specialist, you will be a part of Toptal's
fast-paced environment while continuously demonstrating world-class
customer service. In this role, time management and the ability to
prioritize tasks comes naturally to you, ensuring efficiency with
every detail you handle and complete. We value outstanding service
and exceptional communication.
Your professional interpersonal skills, both written and verbal,
will shine through with every interaction. Through your attention
to detail and the emphasis you place on service standards,
discrepancies will be resolved appropriately. The capacity to
explain payment transaction details is critical to ensuring
business relationships remain strong and Core team members feel
valued. You understand the impact exceptional service truly has on
your own success, as well as the strengthening of business
relationships. You set the bar high and work daily to push the
limits when it comes to service standards.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to
the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa
sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in
We expect you to bring a can-do spirit to work with you daily. You
will always be professional in your communication, whether working
with our internal teams or members of the Talent Network. Your
natural ability to be organized will be evident as you see tasks to
completion with efficiency. You will use the provided internal
tools and payment applications to complete daily tasks and
continuously look for ways to better utilize resources. You will
assist with financial reconciliations, document control, and other
basic payroll and clerical functions to support the overall
business. You will approach every challenge with a positive
attitude and view problems as an opportunity for improvement. Your
team, talents, and others will know they can always count on you to
provide exceptional service and uphold the Toptal reputation.
In The First Week, Expect To
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Rapidly begin learning about Toptal's history, culture, and
vision, with a heavy focus on how finance operates at Toptal.
- Shadow key teams across the company to learn the core of
Toptal's operations and capabilities.
In The First Month, Expect To
- Learn to process and adjust payments to our team members.
- Train to understand payroll and other related functions as
- Provide support to our team members related to payroll
- Processing payroll with minimal oversight assistance.
In The First Three Months, Expect To
- Process payroll independently with minimal to no oversight
(with the exception of a review).
- Research and respond to payroll related ad hoc issues with
- Be a trusted contact around the organization for payroll
- Be comfortable in knowing what needs to be escalated for
support vs. empowered on what to own and drive.
- Maintain updates of payroll dashboard metric management
In The First Six Months, Expect To
- Be the process Lead of US and International Core Team
- Identify process and documentation improvements with a plan for
potential solution implementation.
In The First Year, Expect To
- Ensure all process documentation is reviewed and additional
processes are documented.
- Evaluate the efficiency of the current operational processes
and make recommendations.
- At least 5 years of experience in full cycle, high volume
- Experience with payroll taxes, payroll journal entries and
- Intermediate knowledge of payroll & accounting principles.
- Ability to learn business processes and utilize resources.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including
the ability to avoid complexity and build simplified and intuitive
- Strong professional skepticism, including the capability to
challenge assumptions/calculations, communicate limitations and
flag blind spots.
- Ownership ability of assigned tasks and duties, taking
responsibility for the quality, accuracy, and timeliness of
- Self-motivated, able to be hands-on when analyzing,
interpreting, and deriving insights into issues.
- Strong attention to detail.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at
Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to
For Toptal Use Only: #west #midwest #ussouth #northeast
Keywords: Toptal, Colorado Springs , Senior Payroll Specialist, Human Resources , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!