Dining Room Server
Company: Garden of the Gods Resort and Club
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionPosition Purpose & SummaryProvide memorable guest
experience to club members, hotel guests, and public guests in
casual to upscale dining environments. Offer complete knowledge of
service standards and menu offerings while maintaining high level
of customer service.Essential Functions:
- Maintains work schedule as assigned and communicates any
necessary scheduling requirements to management in advance of
- Provide detailed and thorough knowledge of culinary and
- Upsell premium offerings and add on's to enhance guest
- Complete required and suggested training to achieve maximum
- Provide thoughtful and complete product suggestions.
- Complete opening and closing side work.
- Maintain service in assigned section/dining room as determined
- Ensures that all orders are recorded and entered into
point-of-sale system accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensures that all food and beverage orders are delivered
correctly and promptly.
- Secures and processes payment quickly and accurately.
- Maintain all guest checks and complete shift paperwork as
- Complete cleaning and stocking duties thoroughly and as
- Be prepared to speak to the offerings of the entire Resort and
Spa including services offered and hours of operation.
- Deliver "I Am Proud" service standards and department-specific
signature touch points.
- Establish cross-departmental channels of communication among
teammates that are consistent and complete. Additional Duties and
- Completes additional training as needed.
- Performs deep cleaning and organizing as assigned.
- Assists with the functions of other positions within the
restaurant and across the resort as needed.
- Maintains proper functioning and cleaning of equipment used in
kitchen and dining room.
- Alerts management of needed product. Rotates dated product as
needed. Removes expired product when needed.
- Understands functions of departments across resort
- Articulates location of departments and services when
- Ability to work flexible schedule including required shifts on
weekends, holidays, and as business requires.
- Greet every guest, member, and team member with "I Am Proud"
standards and set a positive tone for every interaction.
- Provide extraordinary service that is "Enriching by
- Embrace, embody, demonstrate, and encourage wellness and the
STRATA virtues through interactions, performance, and
- Uphold the Garden of the Gods Resort and Club's brand, culture,
vision, mission, and values.
- Be empowered to make things go right if they go wrong.
- Give the guest/member a fond farewell.
- Address feedback by utilizing the LEARN Model.
- Demonstrate a professional appearance and be attentive to what
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Observe and adhere to safety guidelines.Marginal Functions:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Interface positively with other departments, offering
assistance when needed.
- Displays care in use of equipment and maintains an organized
and professional work environment.
- May require attendance of meetings and trainings outside of
normal shift hours.Position Requirements:
- Minimum Knowledge & Skills: Requires knowledge of food and
beverage items and preparation, safe handling, and service
techniques. Requires ability to verbally communicate and record
information in writing. Requires basic computer proficiency.
- Formal Education and Job-Related Experience: Minimum formal
education of high school diploma or equivalent. One (1) year of
professional experience in a server/cocktail server position
- License, Registration, and/or Certification Required: Basic
food handler certification and alcohol service certification (may
be provided by organization upon acceptance of position).External
and Internal Personal Contact:
- Daily - Verbal and written
- Weekly - Emailed schedule
- Occasionally - Participate in one-on-one coaching
sessions.Teamwork and Collaboration: This position requires
continuous teamwork as well as internal and cross-departmental
communication. Training and meetings may require collaboration with
outside vendors and product specialists.Additional Licenses and/or
Certifications Required:YESNOValid Driver's LicenseXCPR
CertificationXFood Protection Manager Certification XFood Handler
CertificationXAlcohol Server/Seller CertificationXPosition
Analysis/Specifications: N/A (Not
PullingXLifting / Carrying: 10 lbs. or lessX 11 to 25 lbs.X 26 to
50 lbs.X 51 to 70 lbs.XManual DexterityXFine Motor SkillsXGross
Motor SkillsXEye / Hand CoordinationXNear VisionXFar VisionXColor
RecognitionXHearingXEnvironmental Factors:Environmental factors may
include indoor setting with overhead lighting and comfortable
ventilation. May occasionally be called upon to work in all areas
of the property, both inside and outside, possibly in inclement
weather.YESNOWorking OutsideXWorking InsideXWorking AloneXWorking
Closely with OthersXExcessive Cold / HeatXExcessive Humidity /
DampnessXNoise / VibrationsXWorking Above GroundXWorking Below
GroundXWorking with Chemicals / Detergents / CleanersXWorking
Around Fumes / Smoke / GasXWalking on Uneven SurfacesXOperating
Motorized Equipment or VehiclesXWorking Around/Near
Machinery/Motorized EquipmentXClimbing on Scaffolds or
LaddersXContinuous use with a Computer and KeyboardX
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Garden of the Gods Resort and Club, Colorado Springs , Dining Room Server, Hospitality & Tourism , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!