Company: Garden of the Gods Resort and Club
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionPosition Purpose & SummaryTo direct staff
assigned to the Banquet Department. To supervise and coordinate the
food and beverage service of banquet functions.Essential
- Checks banquet rooms, service, and kitchen areas for
cleanliness, proper set up, and sufficient supplies and
- Performs human resource functions for staff, including
scheduling, evaluating, and training staff.
- Monitors the profitability of functions to ensure quality and
portion control while minimizing waste and broken or lost
- Assists the Banquet Manager to establish maintenance, repair,
and cleaning schedules for all banquet equipment and
- Supervises the food and beverage services of banquet functions,
including set-up, service, and breakdown.
- Coordinate's function details with banquet, conference
planning, and kitchen staff.
- Inspects food products to ensure quality, quantity, and
palatability guidelines are followed.
- Ensures all guest checks are priced, written, and signed by the
guest according to planned arrangements.
- Ensures accurate daily sales reconciliation and time and
attendance records are completed and provided to Night Audit.
- Deliver "I Am Proud" service standards and department-specific
signature touch points.
- Establish cross-departmental channels of communication among
teammates that are consistent and complete. Additional Duties and
- Greet every guest, member, and team member with "I Am Proud"
standards and set a positive tone for every interaction.
- Provide extraordinary service that is "Enriching by
- Embrace, embody, demonstrate, and encourage wellness and the
STRATA virtues through interactions, performance, and
- Uphold the Garden of the Gods Resort and Club's brand, culture,
vision, mission, and values.
- Be empowered to make things go right if they go wrong.
- Give the guest/member a fond farewell.
- Address feedback by utilizing the LEARN Model.
- Demonstrate a professional appearance and be attentive to what
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Observe and adhere to safety guidelines.Marginal Functions:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Interface positively with other departments, offering
assistance when needed.
- Displays care in use of equipment and maintains an organized
and professional work environment.Position Requirements:Minimum
Knowledge & Skills: Requires ability to interpret / extract
information and / or perform arithmetic functions. May require
typing, CRT, record keeping, or word processing. Need for good
communication skills.Formal Education and Job-Related Experience:
This position requires a minimum formal education of a high school
diploma and a minimum of one-year job-related experience.License,
Registration, and/or Certification Required: State of Colorado (or
equivalent) Safe-Serve Certification/ TIPS Bar Certificate External
and Internal Personal Contact:
- Daily - Verbal /Written/ Conducting daily line-ups
- Weekly - Conducting Meetings/ Leading line-ups and
participating in meetings
- Occasionally - Participate in one-on-one coaching
- Teamwork and Collaboration: This position requires continuous
teamwork as well as internal and cross-departmental communication.
Additional Licenses and/or Certifications Required:
YESNOValid Driver's LicenseXCPR CertificationXFood Protection
Manager Certification XFood Handler CertificationXAlcohol
N/A (Not Applicable)OCCASIONALFREQUENTLYSittingXStanding
XLifting / Carrying: 10 lbs. or less
X 11 to 25 lbs.X 26 to 50 lbs.X 51 to 70 lbs.X
XFine Motor Skills
XGross Motor Skills
XEye / Hand Coordination
XEnvironmental Factors:Environmental factors may include indoor
setting with overhead lighting and comfortable ventilation. May
occasionally be called upon to work in all areas of the property,
both inside and outside, possibly in inclement weather.
YESNOWorking OutsideXWorking InsideXWorking AloneXWorking Closely
with OthersXExcessive Cold / HeatXExcessive Humidity /
DampnessXNoise / VibrationsXWorking Above GroundXWorking Below
GroundXWorking with Chemicals / Detergents / CleanersXWorking
Around Fumes / Smoke / GasXWalking on Uneven SurfacesXOperating
Motorized Equipment or VehiclesXWorking Around/Near
Machinery/Motorized EquipmentXClimbing on Scaffolds or
LaddersXContinuous use with a Computer and KeyboardX
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Garden of the Gods Resort and Club, Colorado Springs , Banquet Captain, Hospitality & Tourism , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!